Thread: How many nappies would you use in a day/week?

Default How many nappies would you use in a day/week?

I am just trying to work out approx how many would an average newborn go through a day / week. Although we are planning on using cloth most of the time, I am just trying to stock up on some nappies (no $$ whilst on maternity leave) now rather than adding it into the budget later.

Do you find that the older the baby gets the less nappies it uses, or do they go through phases.

I would love some feedback on your experiences.

Cheers

hi!

I use modern cloth at the moment which is great but not from newborn, from memory a newborn can go through up to 12 disposable nappies a day (even more some times) because they like to poo any chance they get! hahaha! so if you were looking to stock up on NB size disposables, say huggies for example, the boxes hold 108, i'd safely reccommend getting 3 boxes (you can keep your r eceipt and if you don't need/use the last box, return them for a better size) a good tip also, if a supermarket has the boxes on sale, go to kmart with the catalogue and they usually match and beat the price by 10% and you can layby nappies also!

We use disposables and go through about 8 a day. I think sometimes she just thinks its funny to fill up her nappy with poo so some days we go through a bit more.

We did a cloth/disposable combo when River was newborn...I think perhaps 8 - 10 a day for us? Their output does settle down after awhile and hopefully your bub will start to wake less at night, so the nappy changes go down then. We used maybe one big box before easing into full time cloth.

we used disp the first 2 weeks and went thru a box then went to I suppose ole fashion terry flat cloths, I would go thru about 10-12 a day, once his bowels wer under control it dropped to 8-10cloth now at 6 month we using disposable and he uses 8 or so a day HTH

We only use disposables and when Chels was a newborn we used around 6-8 a day...now we use about 6 on a good day....up to 10 on a bad pooey day...lol

Thanks everyone, sounds like it definitely wont hurt to get a few packs. We dont know the sex yet, so I am getting the Aldi nappies, which are unisex so it doesn't matter whether we have a boy or a girl. Sounds like it wont hurt to get more, particularly whilst on 2 incomes & if we dont need them I can always return them for a refund.

Thankyou everyone for your feedback, its greatly appreciated. I guess you can never be too organised.

Most of the newborn nappies are unisex.
    "average" is about 12 cloth, 5-8 disposables a day for newborns.