Thread: How many per day?

Default How many per day?

I am thinking of starting using cloth nappies to save money - and I hear that it can make it easier to toilet train later on.
    Just wondering how many I will need - I usually change disposables at each feed. Is this the same for cloth or do you need to more often?
    Also, for anyone who has changed from disposables - how did your baby react? Did it irritate them?
    TIA

I am not too sure on exactly how many you will need. It depends on the nappy type and you changing habits. I change Maggie when I think she needs it or just before going out. Also I have a number of different types of nappies, some more absorbent than others, so it can vary from day to day.

I switched Maggie over to cloth earlier this year, I don't think she notices much difference, except with some nappy clothing combos, her movement is a bit more restricted so she can't get up onto the couch. Bad for her, but good for me. She is a wriggle bum with changes, so they do take a bit longer now. I get the nappy on her then she runs away so I have to grab her back to put the cover on.

I change about every 2 hours or whenever Tamsin is wet and it seems to be bothering her. Overnight I only change her if she wakes. I haven't switched from disposables so can't help there, sorry!

Thanks for your replies - I suppose that there are heaps of factors that determine how many nappies you go through.
    I've been looking at some websites and there are just so many options! Mum was advising me to change, I bet she'd have a heartattack if she knew all the options they have these days!
    I know that although the cloth nappies are more expensive to start with that in the long run they are cheaper - but we're having some money issues atm so I don't know if I can afford to start it now - we may need to get our money situation under control.
    One of the girls at MG uses cloth so might see what she does.