Thread: microfibre - why not?

Default microfibre - why not?

Hi there Clothies,
    Have been reading a few posts on the thread and was wondering why some of you are anti-microfibre? I know absolutely nothing about it but I use it with my BumG's and HH's....
    WHat's the go?

I'm not anti it at all - I love it, dries quickly, doesn't stain and soaks up heaps. I wont use it next to bubs skin as it can dry them out too much, but I'm not one with a problem.
    Maybe one of the others will have a good reason

I love my cotton babies microfibre inserts! So another that loves the stuff over here... not sure what probs others have had with it....
    Maybe 'cos it's not a natural fibre? Some people really prefer to use natural fibres....

Shannon - you can't use it RIGHT next to babies skin cause its very drying, adn actually can absorb moisture from the skin, leaving a nasty rash - apparently.
    I know there are people that dont like it... I'm trying to remember who?

I'm not overly keen on it but that's just because I hate how it makes my hands feel so rough. I do have a few microfibre things but they tend to be the last in the nappy stash that I reach for as I dislike how they feel LOL.

me LOL.
    i like microfibre in combination with hemp for pockets.
    especially in swaddlebee's pockets, they are so trim they seem to need the microfibre

i don't like internal microfibre, especially in aio's.
    especially only microfibre.
    reasons being -
    microfibre alone could cause compression leaks.
    i have huge doubts how it could get properly clean, i have read horror stories about mould on US diaper forums when they have cut them up for testing.
    a single microfibre cloth can get clean - i have no idea how hidden (synthetic) layers of it possibly could...i may be wrong - but im just not willing to try it!LOL

Debbie Lee Guest

I don't like it much.
    The cotton babies inserts just don't "fit" very well inside the bum G's IMO. I can never get them to sit right (this is when it's set up in the large setting).
    I've also used cotton babies in fuzzibunz and I find that they didn't hold as much moisture as, say, a hemp insert. Sure, they're absorbant but, I dunno... I just don't like them. Much prefer hemp or bamboo.
    I bought some HH hemp stuffin's for my fuzzibunz and I am thoroughly impressed. They last twice as long now and just feel more.... sturdy on Gabby's bum. I am thinking about buying another couple of hemp inserts for my Bum G's.
    I don't like how they feel either, Angel.
    I also find the microfibre holds smells in more than my hemp and bamboo inserts.
    Look... this is probably just a personal thing - each to their own, hey?