Thread: Nappies for boy & girls

SossiGirl is offline Believes things do happen for a reason.. but sometimes would like to know what the reason is

Default Nappies for boy & girls

Could anyone tell me what the difference is between disposable nappies for boys & girls??

SossiGirl is offline Believes things do happen for a reason.. but sometimes would like to know what the reason is

Hey Caro

My girlfriend brought me some infant nappies today as I am supposedly having a big baby so wont be long before s/he grows out of newborn nappies (and i have alot of them at home) anyway she brought me boys ones but didnt realise until she got to the car there are different for boys and girls. Anyway will see next week whether i need to take them back and swap them for girly ones..

Not long to go now.. So excited Caro.

You'd be ok having boy ones for a girl I think as there is just extra padding for where the wee goes at the front on the boy ones and I had a friend that used girl ones in a pinch for her son & didn't have any problems.

Oh excellent.. I will use them then, i didnt think it will be a big issue to use them. My friend was so kind to bring some over as a pressie, dont really want her taking them back and swapping them. Ihave so many newborns going to have to take them back and swap them for infant ones but you dont get as many cause they dont come in the box of 108 like newborns.
    Thanks Girls.
    I love this website, its the best.

I have never heard of Aldi Nappies. I dont know if we sell them here. WE have snugglers, huggies, babylove and i think thats it. Oh and the Select brand.

Might have to look into the ALdi nappies here in perth.

Nappies (cloth and disposable) can differ in their effectiveness depending on the shape of your baby too (ie Milo is built like a tank, so I have to go higher than his weight most times to get them to do up)

I really love the safeway/woolies select ones for the sizing and the grip tabs. I use these or huggies at night. I have found both are fine overnight for Milo now, and he sleeps on his tummy so definitely everying tends towards the front of the nappy.

For a while there though it got to the point where he needed a pad suck inside the nappy at night aswell cos he was wetting so much!! Only lasted a few weeks though.

Sonia, do you have Coles? The Coles brand is fantastic, it's very much like Huggies but a lot cheaper. Since Huggies changed their style we don't use them cos they give Zander a wedgie!!

YAY thanks Girls this is great. Will try all nappies to see which ones are best.
    I shop at both Coles & Woolies and Big W so will try all.
    You just hear so much commercial advertising on huggies and you pay the price for them thats for sure, although have brought all mine on special at $30 for 108 pack of newborns.