Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nappy changing question

Default Nappy changing question

Just a quick question for all you mummies out there... what do you do about washing your hands after changing a nappy if the facilities around aren't all that great (or non-existent!). Do you carry around handwash or special wipes etc in your nappy bag?

Thanks!

I always have wipes on hand, so I will just use a couple of those if there is no where to wash hands.

Love

Out and about, once I have dealt with Olivia, I just use one of her wipes..........

At home, once she is dealt with, I use an antibacterial soap.

Also, you do get amazingly proficient at never getting any nasties actually on yourself or back on their bots!

We also have antibacterial hand washing gel that you can get from the chemist. It dries clean, but having said that if you are going somewhere that you know won't have water etc its always good to take a sports bottle filled with water and a couple of pumps of handwash and just a cloth nappy to dry your hands

*hugs*
    Cailin

Wet ones here ( bum wipes) when I'm out and at home just soap on tap. Whatever you use make sure it's gentle. You'll be using it atleast a dozen times a day, your hands can get really dried out.

Take care
    Trish

Default reply

Get this from the chemist, it called AQUIM, it's antibactrial wash, no need to wash after you use it, it's great, i use for toilet hands(Nyah 3) and nappy, pets, food handeling etc, it's ace, get a small one to keep in your nappy bag.xx O

Yea we always have some Aquim around.. and we only have one friend in nappies atm.. lol Mum loves it for work (she works in a call centre.. icky icky phones)..

K

The hand washing thing is huge for us because of Alana having CF. At home we use antibacterial soap. Anywhere where there is a tap, there is soap.

When I am out I carry dettol antibacterial wipes. The come in handy for loads of things. I bought a toy for Alana at Kmart to play with when we were shopping and just wiped it down first with a wipe. First place it went was the gob!LOL!

But I like the sounds of the Aquim. I shall check it out.

mooshie Guest

i am another user of aquim

have one in nappy bag and one in hand bag, i always use it even after washing hands after being in public loo lol i have a public toilet phobia as soon as i wash hands and i leave the toilets i put some aquim on drives ds crazy cause i make him do it too.

i also have a pump pack one at the change table so easy to use after nappy changes /

it can dry your hands out a bit so i am always moisturising, i have bottles of sorborlene at every tap so i am always rubbing that in to..

Aquim user here too when we are out. It must be good stuff go on the maternity ward at our hospital there was some in a little holder thing outside every room.

At home yeah, just good ole soap & water.

Thanks everyone!! Will have to keep an eye out for the Aquim stuff to put in the nappy bag.

I use Aquim too - I keep a bottle in the car as well, cause after netball, I'm quite often feeding in the car. At home I wash my hands SOOOO often! If there is no soap in public toilets, I use a nappy wipe.

BTW - the aquim is great if you are travelling. I used it all the time in Asia as there often isn't soap in the public squat loos.

Fiona

I just use Matthew`s Baby wipes, that`s if I`m at home or out.

Take are

Deeanne

I've looked for the Aquim, who sells it?

I've just been using wipes but would prefer this stuff if I can get some.

I got mine at a Soul Patterson chemist.

Our chemist has it with the nappy rash solutions...

I finally found some of this, and love it.. I am addicted to it now and don't even have a bub yet, It just makes your hands feel really nice and clean

We used Aquim after Olivia had her spell in hospital a few months back.....they had it on the wards there and I love the stuff.......we also are now using Dettol hadn pump soap........it smells divine.....so clean...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast