Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nappy Creams

Default Nappy Creams

What do you use?

I bought 2 tubes of Amolin, only because its what Mum used on all of us kids..and I like the smell.

Can u recommend anything else?

I have heard of pawpaw cream...where would I buy that from?

You get some free samples in the bags they give you of bepanthan and sudocream - I have found both to be good (bepanthan comes in two types - the antispectic one is more affective on breakouts I have found) - I also found curash pretty good. My son has not had too many bouts of nappy rash (especially as a young bub) though that has required any form of cream so the samples got me through for ages and ages - I don't use it on a daily basis (I think I have bought two tubes over his two and a half years and that was only cause I left one behind at one point). I notice his childcare facility uses Amolin (unless you provide something different).

We mostly use curash as it's thick and not so greesy and i find it heals rashes up quicker.

We swear by Sudocrem ourselves as I found initially that Curash didn't help Maddy's bum out too much. Curash does stay on the bum a little longer; I tend to find the Amolin & Sudocrem come off fairly easily on the next piddle! *L*

Oh, and Chrissy; you will find the Pawpaw ointment/cream in most regular Chemists. I think it comes in a red tube.

I used Sudocream on Aidyn for the first year of his life (just one of the tiny sample tubs!) It seemed to work really effectively.
    Now I have Bepanthen, but it doesnt seem to work as well IMO.
    I have always heard good stuff about the pawpaw ointment as well.

Chrissy, I use the pawpaw ointment/cream, which you can get really cheap at the warehouse chemist in hoppers crossing.
    I also use zinc & castor oil cream
    the sudocream didn't agree with Milo at all.

I wouldn't buy anymore, you do get heaps as samples, plus you may not go through it, Matty didn't really need nappy rash cream until he was eating soilds. We use curash, I think its great. Also just normal zince cream works well too. if you listen to my MIL, she uses vaseline as a barrier.

I've tried a few different types as the sudocream made Mason's rash worse, the j&j cleared it up really quick. The curash was good for both but Angus reacted the the j&j. Once I ran out and only had bepanthen in the house which worked like magic on Angus' butt and I will still use it for him now if he gets a little sore overnight.

We swear by sudocream too, it always works really fast for our boys, i havn't needed to use any other types

We have always used cream as a preventer and touch wood never had nappy rash. We used sudocream for ages and then swapped to Curash only because it was a little bit cheaper. I have also used Amolin (it does smell nice) but have found they all work well for Mackenzie.

I never needed to put anything on maddy's bottom & now I havent opened my sample pot's either... I have never seen nappy rash on my girls at all, but a friends son had a sore bottom & I gave her the bepanthen in the sample tube from maddys's freebie bags!!!

ethan doesn't get nappy rash very often but when he does, sudocream always does the trick... and really quickly too!

With Nicholas we used Curash and loved it. With Declan I haven't needed to use anything as yet but if I do need to then it will be the curash cream.

Blake's had really bad nappy rash with his teething, and sometimes after having apple or orange due to the acidity.

We use Sudocrem but I'm questioning if it's effective enough.

I might try Bepanthan next.

I use a Barrier Balm made by Aromababy, its 100% natural and smells divine! I bought a tub when DS#1 was born and have only just run out now! its great also for cradle cap any dry patches on their skin or your own and is a great lip balm too!

thanks for the replies ladies

I use lucas paw paw cream which you can get from most Chemist's. It is fantastic for all rashes, even cuts and burns. Very Good Cream.

amitiria Guest

Hi I'm a newbie, first post ever and I had to add my two bob to this thread as I have had a drama or 2 or 10 lately with the nappy rash saga....
    I agree with many on using bepanthen ointment at every nappy change, I find creams too messy..
    When Amira has a bad case though... my doctor prescribes kenacomb otic ear ointment. I apply this at last change and it literally dissappears overnight...... It's a winner.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast