Thread: Nappy Rash

Default Nappy Rash

My beautiful baby boy has been getting a few single red pimple like spots in his nappy area (front) that come and go in roughly the same place. there is no other reddness, just the spots. They last from a day up to two days. They do look like small raised pimples but without the tops on them. Have a Skin Doc appt in a couple of Months (long wait), so I was wondering if anyone has had similar experience, and can shed some light?
    He has had them on and off for Months.
    I change nappies very often, and use curash every nappy change. I have tried everything from Thrush cream, no soap, change of Nappy brand etc etc and I cant seem to be rid of them!
    Any info would be appreciated.

Hi EllyBoo

I am sure that it is not nappy rash. Unfortunatly, without seeing the spots I can not say what they might be.

Thanks any way! I have seen 3 dif Docs now, all diff diag. Thrush, pimples, and irritation from urine??? Hard sometimes to find answers. Will wait and see what skin Dr. Says. I just want to add, that he gets similar spots on the rest of his body also, I am not sure if they are all related, perhaps they look diff in diaper area, as it is always moist?

Could they be sweat pimples? Since its been really hot lately. Lily gets them on the back of her neck.

Pietta Guest

I was going to suggest sweat pimples? Maybe a reaction to that type of nappy?

Sorry i couldnt help more