Thread: Night time disposable

Default Night time disposable

What do people use for nights? I have just spent the last few weeks trying every nappy on the market to see which one is better at night and Matthew is still waking up wet through - it is very frustrating! Huggies are not any good and I have tried the next size up but there isn't much size difference IMO.

I am thinking I will have to go cloth for night times, that just starts the round of trying cloth nappies... something I wouldn't mind doing but the cost factor involved puts me off.

I have always found Huggies a fabulous night time nappy, obviously Matthew is a big night time wee'r, sounds dumb, but do you point little percy down??? I find if we are pointing up he gets wet really quick, coz only the front absorbs the wee's. I dont know what else to suggest, except a rollover change????

Nell.......we had the same issue with Olivia......at night her Huggies would work till about 6 am and then start leaking simply through volume of wee!

I tried all sorts of other brands, nothing was any good. Although Baby Love were pretty good, as long as it was the next size up.

When she stopped having a bottle at night and went to a cup of milk, it alleviated.......simply because she was drinking less volume.

Nell,

BecG was having this problem with her night time huggies, and I knitted a wool soaker for her to put over the top. So when any wee does leak, its absorbed by the lanolised soaker. She is very, very happy with the result. Maybe this is something you can try?
    I could knit you a simple soaker if need be.
    Or if you can knit yourself there are heaps of sites with patterns. All you would need is about 100g of 8ply wool and a circular knitting needle. If you need someone to guide you through the pattern, let me know.

PM me if you want more info.

We use cloth during the day, but have found that Bebe's (from safeway/woolies) and coles homebrand are definitly the best. Bonus is they are also cheaper! We found both huggies and baby love leaked heaps...

Another thing to do is put a cheap pad inside the nappy at night, like no frills brand or something... I've heard it works well for those with mega bladders LOL!

*hugs*
    Cailin

Oh ladies you are all treasures! LOL Vanita - little percy is definitely pointing down. He only has 150mls before bed - it all stores up from the day I am sure.

I was thinking of the 2 nappy at night I must admit but thought that might be uncomfy for little man.

Wool soaker sounds like a plan though Fi... I'll PM you.

Cailin - your idea sounds cool too... hey I might try it in the meantime.

for me leaking usually means time to go up a size or two - you've tried this though to no avail so

I"ve read also about using the double nappies at night but you need to put holes (pin size) in the first to allow it to get through or you still have a similar problem (because the leakage is upwards generally not through the nappy bottom itself) and have to do what the mother in Fletch's MG does.

Personally I'd be looking at some of the other ideas the ladies have suggested though due to the cost of nappies - especially huggies.

I was going to suggest a materity pad stuck up the top of the nappy near the belly button, but cailin beat me too it -lolol. It at least soaks up the wee from their body.

Otherwise I use to just change my boy just before we went to bed, even if he had only wet a little. A new nappy was then able to last him the rest of the night. He got use to being changed and would roll over and go straight back to sleep
    hope this helps

Kirsty77 Guest

I was having the same problem.Huggies, baby love and snugglers all leaked. In the end I tried some Bebes in the next size up that I had laying around as Corey's Dad had bought them for Gemma not relising she was a size smaller.They are such a cheap brand but have done the trick!

We used pads and it worked a treat. There is brand designed to go in nappies that are in the nappy section at some supermarkets.

Debbie Lee Guest

Hey Nell,
    I was going to suggest a similar thing to what Fi said.
    When Gab was wetting through her nappies at night, I started putting those fluffy pilchers (not the plastic ones... those stretchy fluffy ones) over the top and it seems to distribute the wee around the nappy better (and use up all of it's absorbancy). I was using huggies and mamia nappies at the time.
    I only stopped using the pilchers because Gab grew out of them. They were just sitting in the cupboard... I think Mum bought them for me hoping that I would do the cloth thing.

So yeah... I'm tipping a cover of some description might help a lot??