Thread: OK, WAY OVER IT now!!!

Default OK, WAY OVER IT now!!!

$100, and 4 hours later.... I give up!!! (Using cloth) I dont know how you mums do it. I feel hopeless. I am so prepared to put the extra time into washing etc, but they are a pain in the A$$ to fold and put on, look like they are going to fall off, Soaking thru after 1st wee. DS hates his bum being changed as it is, let alone me fussing over how to put the bl**dy thing on. So the idea of having to change him every 15-20mins is not exciting me or him one bit!!!!
    AHHHH feel better now. Might try again later.

Oh Ally - its sooooo tough to change! Specially toddlers!
    We battle with our girl too, and sometimes it kills me. We change Jenna every 2-4 hrs, depending on what the day is like - andher bowel motions. With ours, its not the wet nappies that does any damage, its the pooey ones that give hera rash, so we are lucky I guess that way.
    I would really suggest that before you say good bye to cloth you try some fitted cloth nappies. They are pricey (around $20-25 each) but they will do you well. I haven't got the energy to contemplate flats with a toddler, and the closest I come is my prefolds which I dont fasten - I use the wrap to hold it all together.
    Dont give in yet - I can't help you on the folds, but I will give you a shoulder to cry on when you are trying to fasten a nappy from behind as the child is walking away!

LOL Fee!, It is harder than I thought!! Where do you get the ready mades from? What brand are they?
    I am finding it hard to go from a dry pant area using disposables, to a really wet one, with an unhappy baby! I probably should have used cloth from the start, then we wouldnt have been spoiled and wouldnt know any better IYKWIM.!

You gals make it sound so easy!LOL. How do you stop that real WETNESS??? Is it the type of nappy that i am using? Which ones are the best for dryness...