Thread: One little hurdle left to go!!!!

MUMMY4LIFE is offline .: ~ Don't regret anything that ever made you smile ~ :.

Default One little hurdle left to go!!!!

I started toilet training my DS around the age of two...But almost 12 months on we have just one last little hurdle. He loves to wear jocks and using the potty or big toilet, but doesn't let me know in enough time or if at all that he needs to go (he isn't quite independant or confident to go by himself. I am constantly throughout the day asking, 'do you need to do wees'.The journey of toilet training has been eventful to say the least. Any ideas???

Not sure what you could do. Mackenzie is just TT's (like 3 weeks) but for poos, what seemed to click for her was she gets a chocolate and sticker everytime she does poos on the toilet. (she only usually does one a day and the chocolate is the size of my little finger nail). I find she is doing really well with all the TT stuff but if she in engrossed in something (like palying dolls or TV) then she just won't go to the toilet even though I know she is busting. When I know she needs to go I just gently guide her to the toilet and she seems to go. I know this probably dosn't help but is your DS holding on for hours and just 'too busy' to go or is it a confidence thing. I'm sure if he is still doing this in summer it will be over with in no time when they can all run around naked! Bring on summer!

MUMMY4LIFE is offline .: ~ Don't regret anything that ever made you smile ~ :.

Yes bring on summer, the first part of TT was so easy as it was in summer and he was going great guns...but it has come to a grinding hault. It has been made a little more difficult with having a little one to look after as well, so I am finding that I can't spend as much time as I would like forcusing on the TT. Perhaps I need to chuck in a few incentives into the mix as well (chocolate) to help him along a little.