Thread: One step forward ten steps back...pulling my hair out!

...where jumping on the bed is mandatory!

Default One step forward ten steps back...pulling my hair out!

DD was basically toilet trained at about 19 months, not through my pushing it, it just kind of happened. up untill last month she hardly ever wet her self and would always shout ""mummy, i need wees/poos'' and we would make it to the toilet.
    Now she is constantly weeing or pooing in her pants/all over the house! And if i suggest we sit on the loo casue i think she will need to go soon she either cries or sits there saying''NO WEES MUMMY" then five mins later she is splashing around the kitchen in a big puddle!

Granted we have just moved house and thats pretty disruptive but this started way before that! i just dont get it, why has she regressed like this. i dont want to put her back in nappies now! anyone help!!!!!!

We had a similar issue with Erin. She was all but toilet trained and like your daughter she had done it all herself so when we found out I was pregnant I thought it'd just be the home run to get into undies all day but instead she regressed too. The "best" incident was when she hid in our closet, pooped on the floor and wiped her butt on her owl puppet

It's normal for them to regress though it's incredibly frustrating. When Erin started going backwards I stopped talking about using the toilet all together and just went back to nappies. I don't know if that's the best option or not but it was easiest for us and I figure once things settle down with our newborn and it warms up again we'll try no pressure toilet training again.

Good luck, I hope your DD gets over this phase quickly.

Yeah I've heard that if they regress the easiest (and less stressful) way is to just put them back into nappies. Then there is no pressure on her, no frustration for you - and she's still young so its ok that she feels the need to do this.

when I read the title of your post I thought immediately of your move... I saw your post about moving but didn't know if you had already but reading on through I saw that you have..
    Not that Bella is TT at all, but when we moved in January she lost the plot totally, screaming all the time, not sleeping and even losing it when someone would knock on our door. The move must have really affected her in ways I didn't think it would. I am laying money on it having something to do with change.
    Hope you are well otherwise xx

...where jumping on the bed is mandatory!

Thanks all, i guess we might have to go back to nappies...we had five wardrobe changes today! she knows when shes done it most the time and will say 'i did poo' or i notice she is wet and i ask her if she did a wees and she denies it!?
    Sue, im good thanks, im sure it is all the stuff going on....im feeling the stess so im sure she is! hope your well too. xx