Thread: Poo, glorious poo!

Default Poo, glorious poo!

Just a quick "is this normal" question. DS does tiny poolets when he passes gas, which is fine, but since just before 5w he now does only small poos - just poolets overnight, yay - but in the late morning/lunchtime really is a big Mr Poo-bum and in the course of about 40-60 mintes his nappy and cover are covered in the stuff, not to mention his bum, genetalia and upper legs.

Firstly, is the huge motiion once a day normal so young? And secondly, should there be so much stored up ready and waiting?

Oh boy Ryn - you're bringing back memories. LOL. We had THE most explosive poos ever.. and I swear - if it wasn't for cloth nappies and the cover.. we would have blow outs 2 or more times per day!! I always dreaded the explosion happening in a quiet lull in conversation or something when we were out LOL.

I used to SWEAR that more came out than went in... I seriously don't know where all the poo comes from! hehehe.

It all sounds normal to me Ryn If he's not distressed with it, or straining, I wouldn't worry.

Thanks Liz.

He does go bright red, but the evening little poos bother him more. With the reflux sicking and the giant poo, I don't see how he's gained any weight! Maybe babies can convert scream power to poo?

And yup, we've had a few giggles at my coffee mornings when DS gets loud, at least people understand when I have to take him away for a nappy change! And you can hear him over conversations, even at the other end of the room.

Oh yes, I remember the Huge Poo! They seem to save it all up for one special one a day! LOL

Hamish was going about 4-6 times a day until one day they just stopped!! Then about 5 days later, the most enormous poo did exactly like what you said - coverred EVERYTHING!! It was a 2 facewasher poo
    Now he poos every 3-4 days or so, and they are monsters. But sometimes he tricks us, and last week he did a poo every day for 2 days. Ratbag. It means having to be so prepared and take lots of clothes and nappies everywhere.
    Breastfed babies can poo whenever - generally unless you have been eating something dodge, they wont get constipated. If he's having some formula, and it looks like he is straining and may be constipated, its worth mentioning it to your health nurse (or the equivalent in UK)

ROFL my dear Angus was a poo machine! Every nappy change there was a huge splat in there. I'd often wonder how he would be growing when it seemed to run out the other end just as quickly as I put it into him...

Charlie is a poo monster too........up the back and up and over his belly button.........even now, he is coming up to 2 years old, and he LAUGHS when he feels a poo coming on, so at least I am forewarned......

Ryn, sounds totally normal to me.........

Alexa was like that too.... but now she is still doing one explosion a day LOL.... & boy do they get really stinky on solids..... ewwwww

Eleanor used to be really bad until the doctor put her on Losec last week for her reflux and now she may do 2 poos a day which are nice and thick. She was doing around 10 runny poos a day.