Thread: Poo running out back/top of nappy

Fee Guest

Default Poo running out back/top of nappy

I use Huggies. I don't know if this problem is related to Huggies or the fact that my DS rocks his legs and bum up in the air at every opportunity - therefore any runny poos come straight out the back/top.

It's been happening a lot in the past coupe of days. Sooooo gross!

Does anyone else have this problem?

maybe try using pilchers untill his poo's firm up. I know I have had that problem when the kids have the runs. I think every napp has the same problem. the only other thing I can suggest is making sure they come up a little higher in the back (so a little lower in the front). It's a common problem with poo's that aren't very firm.....

3times Guest

Is it possible he is coming to higher end of the suggested rate range for that sized nappy, it happened to me with #3 recently I went up a size on the prob stop.

Good luck those explosions or not pleasant.

Fee Guest

He's wearing Crawlers which I believe are 7-11 kgs? He's heading for 8 kgs. So they should still be fitting fine.

Thanks for the tips.

I have the same problem!!! I tried putting him in Toddlers even though he is only 8.7kg and it still happens. It didn't happen with either of the girls, a friend said its a boy thing because of their physical makeup it gets pushed back and up their back. Either way we go through a lot of clothes!

Quote Originally Posted by mrsmac
    a friend said its a boy thing because of their physical makeup it gets pushed back and up their back. Either way we go through a lot of clothes!
    Could explain why it had been a regular occurence with all of my boys That and the force with which they poo being almost a volcanic explosion!

Flynn is a regular poo-exploder - I think it is just part of the joy of having children - LOL!!!

Fee Guest

Yeah he definitely does explosive poos. And the problem usually happens when they are extra runny. I guess nothing can contain those sorts of poos ... LOL!

Fraser Guest

hey Fee - Charlie is the same - he's about 9.5 kilos now and in the huggies crawlers - I am thinking I might have to move him up to the Toddlers..... I am sick of cleaning poo off his back!

ps: the pink bottle of preen spray is great for getting those stubborn poo stains out of singlets and tops!

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

I just saw this and I have it double nearly every day and mine are in crawlers too @ 7-7.6kg - is it just huggies ? ewww... it is so messy