Thread: Problems with toddler in cloth...

Default Problems with toddler in cloth...

DD can go 2-3 hours without doing a wee, and so when she finally does one, its so big that I think the nappy can't absorb it all so she ends up leaking and I have to change pants everytime I change her. She's in Bumgenius during the day but recently, I've just been putting her in sposies. Is there a solution without having to buy anything? Other than TT, which we tried recently with no success

do you have any terry towling?
    as the hoops in the material help to obsorb speed weeing..
    if you do maybe cut some squares up or rectangles and place inside the nappy as the top layer.

or even an nice absorbant towel...

I would think you need to a: do a strip wash and b: change the microfibre booster of your BG to hemp or bamboo.
    You can get bamboo boosters for the BGs, or you can use any other booster from any other nappy that is wide enough. Microfibre is not very absorbent and if she is such a heavy wetter you will need the added strength of bamboo

You want to avoid putting anything 'lay in' inside the BG but not inside the pocket, as the BGs have a microsuede inner - meaning they are a stay dry fabric and wick away from the skin - terry towelling will sit wet right next to her skin, not cool.

HTH

Thanks!

I'll have to read up on doing a strip wash. I was thinking of buying some BBH magic-alls for DS when the tax comes through so might buy a few extra and use them for DD until she's TT. I think the bamboo boosters I have are too narrow for the BG's.

I have some Green Kids bamboo boosters which I use with BGs. They are narrow but I put them under the microfibre insert so it feels pretty much the same on my son's butt (I presume) and they catch what soaks through the insert.

Yep, the Green Kids ones worked well for S too when he would do his monster wees. It does mean you have to buy some but I think they're only about $10-12 each so a bit more affordable than having to buy whole new nappies. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by LimeSlice View Post

You want to avoid putting anything 'lay in' inside the BG but not inside the pocket, as the BGs have a microsuede inner - meaning they are a stay dry fabric and wick away from the skin - terry towelling will sit wet right next to her skin, not cool.

HTH
    thats what i meant lay it with the boosters... was a tad tired when i replied lol prob didn't make sense

I started having the same problems with my DD a while ago, I mainly use itti bittis, I started putting a cover (Maz minky ones) over the AIO, I know it isn't very practical but it has worked and they still look as beautiful as ever. I tried strip washing and everything else, nothing worked for what its worth, I have some magicalls and they haven't worked for me either as they seem to get wet around the leg gussets where the wee kind of pools.

I hope you find a solution soon that works for you as I know how frustrating it can be.

I would keep the microfibre and just put bamboo behind it inside the pocket. I needed the microfibre to absorb the wee faster with my boys, they leaked without it.
    Magicalls will be exactly the same deal as your BGs, they just have a bamboo booster that comes with them and a microfibre sewn in booster. I have found they are quite bulky on too, not my favourites.