Thread: Sangenic Tommee Tippee Nappy Disposal Wrapper

Default Sangenic Tommee Tippee Nappy Disposal Wrapper

I'm hoping some of you with new-ish born bubs might have used this product as they weren't around much when I had my DD.

I'm planning to use disposables for my baby and wondering if it's worth investing in one of these nappy wrapper disposal units?

Any thoughts or comments would be most appreciated.

Thanks.

We were given one for a present when we had Olivia and at first I was really pleased as I believed it would eliminate smells. But it was such a hassel to use and the cartridges were so expensive.

We ended up not using ours at all. Plus Olivia ended up being in a mixture of cloth and disposable.

With using disposbale, I honestly found chucking the dirty nappies in a grocery bag & then straight in the main bin a lot better and easier.........& heaps cheaper.

I ended up selling my Sangenic on Ebay...................

No personal experience here but I have heard that they are not worth the investment. I was thinking of getting one and asked around if people used them. Their response was similar to Lucys.

I had one when Kimberley was first born but when we moved here we did not bring it with us and to be honest i never missed having it.

We had close friends who swore by theirs, but we've never had one, and don't really miss it either.

Tigergirl1980 Guest

We have one, but of course haven't used it yet. But I have seen the refills and they don't seem that expensive to me, only $17 or so in K-Mart.

Thanks everyone for your comments.

I was never really sure if it would be a good investment or not, however I think we will give it a miss for now and see how we go.

Kellee Guest

Mum picked one up second hand for us from an op shop. We ca't justify the expense of the cartridges, but we just use regular large bin liners and use the casing from the cartridge. It does keep the smells at bay and is less expensive.

We have one and found it pretty useless.

Didn't keep the smells away, then again, we were only using it for pooey nappies, and not from newborn as bf baby nappies don't really smell! We saved it for the smellier stage (after she was put onto solids) and thought it was not at all effective.

The cartridges are expensive too. We do the same as Lucy - just use a shopping bag. You can also get scented nappy disposal bags which are really good.

Having said that, we still have it and are going to use it this time round - just to get rid of the cartridge that we have left, and are going to use it from newborn.

Kellee Guest

If you work out how to do it with the bin liners it does keep the smells away... until you hit the pooey ones that come when bubs start having solids. Then I'm afraid that NOTHING will stop the smell, other than getting as much out of them as you can (into the toilet),putting them in a plastic bag, putting the plastic bag in the wheelie bin and moving the bin far far away!

we had a nappy wrapper for our twins and thought it was the best thing.
    Meant that we wern't always running to the bin outside and it did compact them down - which was handy when we were going through 150 nappies a week when they were newborn
    still use it today for their night nappies and even though the cassettes are a cost - i really do love this product
    just another opinion
    odette