Thread: Swimming Nappy

Default Swimming Nappy

Can anyone recommend a good brand of cloth/AIO/Fitted Nappy for swimming in. I was going to use the Huggies swimmers but figured that if I could get a couple of cloth ones it was some money I could save.

Where would you be taking her to swim?? I know at the pool I'm taking DS to they require you to wear Huggies Swimmers. But they're expensive if you're using them regularly like you said. Hmm.... I haven't been much help have I??

Sorry... don't know of any cloth nappies for swimming (I'm sure someone on here will, though). Just wanted to let you know that you can rinse the Huggies Swimmers out and re-use them. I'd get about 3 usages from them... you just have to take them off and rinse them out straight away, then hang them out to dry.

We bought some swimmers from Big W that are the lycra swimmer material on the outisde & plastic stuff in the middle then something else on the inside (OMG how dodgy is that description). Anyway that aren't a nappy as such, but they keep everything in. They were in the baby section near the Huggies swim nappies and are in a clear palstic sleeve for storage with a blue label at the top.

ETA: just found out the brand is Fluffies.

We bought some online for Olivia and Charlie...the brand is BubbleBubs or similar....Google will show you...they from memory they were about $20 and effective poo catchers, but.v.lightweight so as not to drag them down. Our local pool is fine with them....although they wear them under an all on one swimmer/rashy, so they wouldn't ever know if it was a Huggies or a cloth.........

(That said, we have a pool at home too, for summer use only, and we just don't bother....neither of them have ever pooed in the pool!)

I have funky bumz which is a NZ swim nappy - its great made from lycra and microfleece. It has double gusseted legs and I've never had a poo in it.
    We also had the fluffies [ants when she was little, and they were great. We found ours at the local op shop for $1!!
    One of the pools here wont actually let you use the huggies swim nappies - they insist on reusable which I think is nice.
    I have seen a huggies not cope well with a poo.....YUCK!!! Total gross out!
    At home in our pool its au naturale - who cares if they poo!

I use something like what Sarah described & I have a few huggies which I reuse too. If swimming comes around the time of day Matilda does a poo, I use the huggies otherwise I use the swim shorts which she still wears both under a suit. HTH!

I get around 3 uses of the huggies as well, well...as long as DH isn't around he throws them out.

I have a bright bots one that I got from the Cancer Council, but I've only used it once so far so I can't really say how good it is!

We have an eenees one for Kynan that we used for his waterbabies class earlier in the year and it works well. Or rather it fits well so I assume it would work well at catching any accidents - Kynan hasn't actually 'tested' it out yet thankfully LOL.

We used the same ones as Sarah. I think they have 'Swim nappy' on them too. We got ours from K-Mart. I found them to be great. She stopped wearing them 2 weeks ago - yes we are TT'd! Yipee. Also our local swimming school (Kings) also sold a simular product for around $20