Thread: Taking the plunge! and a question about wipes...

Talking Taking the plunge! and a question about wipes...

I've done it! I've ordered cloth diapers.

Starting out with prefolds, so we'll see how that goes. I can't afford the "fancy" diapers, and the prefolds, with a good cover look like a pretty nice system, for not too much money. I can't wait to get them and see how they work! No doubt I'll be back in here regularly with questions, etc.

Actually, I have one to start with - cloth wipes. I'm planning on switching to them, because it seems simpler to throw everything into the laundry, rather than sorting out laundry and garbage. Plus it's cheaper, and less garbage. Here's my question: I've seen a product called "wipes cubes" which is a cube of aloe vera, vegetable oil glycerin, lavender essential oil, and tea tree oil, which you dissolve in water, and use to soak your wipes before using. Can I put a bunch of cloth wipes in my disposable wipes dispenser (like a plastic kleenex box, sort of), make them damp with the solution, and then carry them around like that, just like my disposable wipes? It would make things much simpler for me. Can you foresee any issues with this? The tea tree oil should keep mould from growing, I think. What set up do you use for cloth wipes? Do you use them when you are out?

Thanks!

I've been in cloth for 9 months now, and haven't used cloth wipes yet....

BUT... I did buy 10 in the itti bitti sale last night, so I too need to know how to use them now...

Anyone?????

I have bought lots of cloth wipes but no baby to use them on until September... but my plan is to put something (not sure what yet) onto some of them and put them into a zip lock bag when I go outside of the house. Otherwise all the wipes will stay dry but I will have a spray bottle with something (still not sure what yet) that I can squirt onto the wipes to shift stubborn number 2's...

Lol I hope that sounds like a good plan... now I just have to figure out what the solution will be

rhyb Guest

I have wipes and a spray bottle of water and lavender oil

I just use water.
    If she looks sore i boil up a batch of chamomile tea and calendula tea and add that to the water and wipe with that.

If i am going out, i just wet a few wipes and pop them in a plastic bag, so yet i would imagine that your container would be fine too - some one else from memory uses a plastic container here.
    I would clean it out fairly regularly thou JIC.

Congrats on switching to cloth! i am sure that you will not regret it

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Butterfly View Post
    I've been in cloth for 9 months now, and haven't used cloth wipes yet....

BUT... I did buy 10 in the itti bitti sale last night, so I too need to know how to use them now...

I missed itti bitti wipes on sale! They are my favorite.

I only use water also. I keep my wipes dry until I need them including when I go out. If I know I am going somewhere without a tap nearby then I will put them in a container with water or take a pop top water botte. It is nice if you have hot water handy to make the wipes nice and warm