Thread: test or just trust brands before bulk buying?

Default test or just trust brands before bulk buying?

Hiya,
    Having decided to go the cloth, I'm now wondering if I should get a few nappies from each 'popular' brand (as chosen by you cloth ladies!) or just buy a complete package like the 24 Baby Beehinds nappy pack. Is it too rash to just trust in the one brand and fork out the $800 or so before my bubs is even born?
    Thanks
    ps: oh, and can you use a 'one size fits most' nappy that will last you from birth to toilet training time (I realise the name 'one size fits most' states that, but is this true in practice?).

There are a number of nappies that fit from newborn (4kg) to TT. I think it's best to wait and try at least a few brands first. Some nappies just don't work on some babies... due to chubby or skinny legs, or other reasons.

Having said that.. they do have reasonable re-sell value if you find they're no good for you. But it's up to you.

and YAY for going cloth!

I agree I would be trying a couple of brands first to see what works better for you before going out and spending $800 on 1 particular brand prior to the baby being born, and then being disappointed/upset if for some reason you have trouble with them, due to the reasons iluvella mentioned.

Love

definetly try a few different brands or even types. you might find you like pockets??

I wouldn't buy too many before bubs gets here - as different nappies suit different bubs. The all one size nappies tend to be quite biggish for a newborn so many cloth mums buy prefolds and covers like bummi covers and that gets them through the few couple of months.