Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Toilet training general chatter

Default Re: Toilet training general chatter

I am trying to train my DS at the moment but have no clue what I am doing.

He takes his nappy off when he is wet or pooy sometimes but won't tell me. He also refuses to wear his nappies but won't sit on the toilet and lastly he doesn't communicate if he has to go but runs away and hides if it is a poo...

So I just put him in jocks and hope the sensation of being wet is helping him understand he that he is Weinberg and pooing and when that occurs he needs to go to the toilet.

I can't use a potty as my boy is the size of a 4 yr old (over a metre tall) and doesn't fit on the potty but is a bit small for the regular toilet.

TT40 - fingers cross things go well with your LO today.

Holy crap! She did a wee in the pot tonight! I cannot believe it. She was nappyfree all morning but didn't wee I had to get to the shop before it closed so planned on going as soon as she did one. But we were running out of time! So put nappy on her, then we had lunh and a nap. She was then nappy free this evening, and after her bath I sat her on the pot and she was watching 'daisy' (in the night garden) and did it! I made a huge song ans dance about how awesome she is and all she did was tell me to shh =p im still counting it tho!

Tt - that's pretty much what we have been doing for DS we bought a potty for the bathroom cuz he was always peeing on the floor when we getting ready for baths, so got one and always said do u want to weewee on potty and every so often he did. Prob started this back in sept? So early I know but still! We have since got another potty for the general area of the house and the first day I got it back in nov he did 2 poos in it! I didn't even realise he was doing it till he started dancing around yelling poo!!!! Afterwards lol

We did have a couple of weeks recently were he has slightly gone off and had a few accidents and pooing in his nappy again, but I think he has a lot of changes on going on (just turned 2 and baby coming in a few weeks) so not a big deal and we figured it was really early anywyas so not too fussed.

Def haven't done undies yet as I have twice just to see what happens and he can't comprehend the nappy / undie difference yet!

Subbing so I can find tips if we need the as we get further along

We're on the toilet training train again lol

TT, 19-20 months isn't an uncommon age for girls to start, I've heard they train a lot earlier and a lot easier than boys, not sure if that's true though?

DS2 wil use the potty fairly well throughout the day, he needs reminding to use it and I ask him to go for a wee every half hour or so. Probably every second time he actually does one.

Poo's on the potty is a different story though. He is yet to make it to the potty, I'm not quite sure what to do about this. He knows that poos are supposed to go in the toilet / potty. He knows it's "naughty" to do them in his undies (we don't tell him off for it, more so just re-iterate that poo's go in the potty and not in his undies). I don't know whether he's just lazy with regard to the number two's or he's not making it there in time when he feels the urge.

My 22mo DD has gotten interested in the toilet and potty lately after seeing her 2.5 yo cousin using both. She did a wee in the potty at a friend's place last week and will follow me to the toilet and insist on flushing it and washing her hands when I do. She'll sit on the toilet and not do anything and use toilet paper to "pat pat" dry. But all these things are very scarce/random atm.

Here I am again! Buster has not long turned 2 and is showing real interest in the toilet. Haven't pulled the potty back out as he seems more receptive to the big boy toilet, likes to be like his big brother. This is all new to me as Moo never really showed any interest, but Buster actually asks to go to the toilet now. He hasn't done anything but it's a great start!

We went nappy free again today. Lots of misses. But I expect that.
    Once you teach them to go on the pot do you have to re teach the big loo?

TT, I think it's more of an adjustment going from the potty to toilet rather than actually having to teach them.

I sent DS2 to child care in undies today! First time ever... along with about 4 changes of clothes just incase lol

Lol at 4 clothes.
    Fx he doesn't need them!

I'm here again too.
    I started about that age with DS T, but it took us about 12months, so I guess he wasn't really ready. Once he got it, he just got it.
    Dd TTed herself lol. One day she wore nappies, the next she didn't.
    I have no idea really. I've tried all the theories, but I think it's just a case of them 'getting' it.
    Ww leave dd2s nappy off a lot, partly because it's hot, and partly because she won't stay dressed lol.

I caught a poo! Small but still a poo! Amazing what getting her to sit on the pot while 'daisy' is on will do =p

TT'ing DS at the moment he is nearly 2.5 - have been on and off for a while - I find it difficult to do while I am at work (DD was 2 and I was off work having DS so seemed easier). Wee's he seems to pretty much get, today haven't had any accidents and he has taken himself a couple of times too. But have zero luck with poo's - he always just does it whether in a pull up, naked or in clothes, so that is holding me back a bit, as if he has a pull-up on he will often wee in it, but I am not keen on going anywhere and having to deal with changing poo clothes - and I can't send him to child care without a pull up knowing in all likelihood he will just poo himself. In Feb he will be permanently in the bigger room at daycare where they have some children already toilet trained, so hopefully he will take to it there as will want to be like the bigger boys and girls.

He is happy on potty or on toilet but finds it difficult to get onto toilet with the seat himself, at daycare he will like the little toilets. Also with the toilet with the kids seat on it it seems if not really careful and make sure sat right back and holding penis down it pokes out front of seat and goes everywhere - seems odd to me - almost seems like the hole in the seat is not deep enough?

We just had first poo on potty!! And he took himself!! Woop woop

Yau Jaycee! That is awesome!

So our nudie rude keeps going, lots more misses. Basically all I'm doing it when she is doing a wee I grab her sit her on the pot and say 'wees go on the pot'.. Not sure if she has clued on yet.
    She has been off all morning, we were at playgroup and she spent the whole time crying, we left early and on the way home she kept saying sore, and i tried to work out what was sore, she did point to her belly sometimes. So I thought ?maybe she has a sore belly? It could just be the heat making her cranky.
    We got home, did nudie rude again, and I spotted her doing a little wee so grabbed her to sit her on the pot but she was fighting me, and going sore! And crying, I got her to sit and asked if wees are sore, and then noticed she was doing a poo. So I don't know if it sore, or was just the feeling of doing it was uncomfortable for her...
    I did get a poo on the pot tho!

How is everyone going? Ee don't seem to be msking any advancements. ..still just wees anywhere. .
    One thing I have achieved tho is learning some poo signs! And I actually picked up she was about to do a poo and got her nappy off and held hrr on the loo and she did it in there! We dont have a seat for it tho..so she wasnt comfortable. Is it worth getting one? A friend has a built in one as part of her toilet seat, was pretty funky.

I have seen cool ones at Bunnings where the toddler toolet set lifts up into lid when not needed. unfortunately it didn't fit my toilet, cos they are more sturdy than the add on ones.

ds is keen to nude up,but not quite into wees on the toilet. have had a few poos on toilet,but only one wee so far. not pushing it at.all at the.moment, just.going with the flow.

dd has been day since 2.5 yrs, but still wears pull up at night. we have had couple dry nights lately, which is very exciting. making sure she 'tries' to wee before bed has made big difference. on dry mornings, she has run for loo in the morning. wonder if on other gays, she knows it is wet so wees again or is only weeing on wake up.

I think that is the one my friend had. You lift the seat, the adult one stays down, and the toddler one is in the lid, so you use it you just pull it down. It looked very solid because it was porcelain (or whatever loos are made out of) and all built in.
    I d want to push Spock, I'm worried she will get an aversion and my pushing too hard will make her scared and fight it....
    Great work on your dd1!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast