Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Toilet training general chatter

Default Re: Toilet training general chatter

Hello, thought I'd pop in, DD recently turned two, loves sitting on the toilet hasn't yet connected it with actually going to the toilet except the other day when she did a big wee! Yay! But it may have been random as she still runs away to avoid a dirty nappy being changed and this morning after doing a poo undid her nappy (which I didn't notice as she still had her jimjams on) and when I asked her if she had done a poo on account of the free for all smell, my girl who usually says yes or no honestly and straight away, said no!

Anyway I am so clueless, I don't even know what the signs of readiness are. Is there a sticky or article someone can point me to? Astrolady's sticky on TT information does not click through...

I'm going to jump in here too. Little Miss E who is almost 20 months has decided nappies are for babies. She is amazing, she recognises the urge to wee so she takes herself to the potty, does what she has to do then comes to me saying "hands, hands" so that I can wash her hands. I think she is probably getting it right about 80 - 90% of the time without any pushing from me so I am in awe! Not quite so successful with poo, its like she can't quite tell when its finished so jumps up then poos on the floor a few minutes later. I'm thinking I need to get her some knickers and just bite the bullet and let her wear them rather than nappies but I'm so scared of going out and her peeing in the middle of a shop or something

Ladylove - E started saying "wee, wee" and looking anxious when she had gone in her nappy, then one day during bare bum time, she just sat herself on the potty and went. Came running to us saying "wee, wee" and lo and behold, wee in the potty. We've had potties sitting out on the floor for about a month now so that they could get used to just sitting on them whenever they wanted.

DD is used to and loves sitting on the big toilet but even with a step she cannot get herself up there by herself. She can climb on but not sort of twist herself around the open hole to get into position. I didn't want to use a potty though.
    Last edited by Ladylove; March 18th, 2014 at 03:28 PM.

Ps since the first toilet wee she had done two more! babe #2 is due in a few weeks though so I'm not keen to push / accelerate TT right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ladylove View Post
    DD is used to and loves sitting on the big toilet but even with a step she cannot get herself up there by herself. She can climb on but not sort of twist herself around the open whole to get into position. I didn't want to use a potty though.
    my ds is similar with the step. he can do it, but it is awkward and in a rush it's no good.

I think my dd just ditched the ladder/seat early and used a step and perched on the seat. I saw great inbuilt toddler seat at Bunnings but it didn't fit our loo.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaycee View Post
    We just had first poo on potty!! And he took himself!! Woop woop
    Has he continued with this? DS sounds very like your DS2 - he is fine with wee's and uses toilet all day at daycare, but have only managed one poo on potty ever. Home or daycare he just won't go on toilet or potty - he knows he shouldn't do it and always apologieses but makes no attempt to get to the toilet. I have sent him to daycare in undies a few times, if he doesn't need a poo he is fine, but he has just poo'd in his undies a couple of times, and I don't really think is fair on them to have to deal with that. (Especially as he does the biggest poos they have ever seen! apparently :-))

POO! ON THE TOILET! Without me asking her if she needed to go! I didn't even know she was on the toilet until she called out for help wiping!!!! I'm so happy, can you tell?

Now to get her to wear undies...

Go miss A!! And go Teni!!

So E is almost 21 months. With a bare bum, she is awesome, rarely has an accident and just takes herself to the potty often. With pants or training pants not quite so much success. She is such an independent little thing and if she has something on her bum, I don't know if it's because she assumes it's a nappy or because she is only just developing the coordination to attempt to undress herself, she has accidents. I'm fine with bare bum at home but can't do this so much at daycare and I don't want her to regress from what she has achieved so far. She is pretty good at telling me that she needs to go but any suggestions for little miss independence?

I feel very jealous of everyone success, as my DS is 3 in a month and wont go near the toilet. Every time I ask or try to take him, he says no and has a tanty.
    He doesn't want to wear his nappies as they are two small and they are the largest disposals I can get. He is over a metre tall and over 25kilos..... a big boy.
    I really don't know where to start or how to change his mind about the toilet. He is too big to sit on a potty..

any advice or hints of articles I could ready would be great.

Having trouble getting ds to sit on the potty or toilet as they are "too cold". Will we in the shower though and on the garden outside.

still on the teaching contract roundabout

Quote Originally Posted by kitten2b View Post
    Having trouble getting ds to sit on the potty or toilet as they are "too cold". Will we in the shower though and on the garden outside.
    I got toilet seat covers/warmers off eBay last year to get over this one (about 2 for $5 I think). Managed to not use them over summer (had one die on me) but DS1 is starting to complain about the cold seat again might have to get some more again

Off to google them

Ok. Going to really pull my finger out. I feel like Spock should be TT...I don't know why, but I feel bad when I put nappies on her...
    I'm going to read back and see what tips I can find to get going for real

I need to do something too, DS is three next month and won't poo anywhere but nappy or underpants etc, he will do wees on potty occasionally at home and uses toilet at daycare for wees, and I think that if was in undies would get the wee thing quick, but can't cope with poo in pants everyday and couldn't do that at daycare anyway. I have tried bribery etc but to no avail, he knows the talk, "I am a big boy and big boys wear undies" but just won't poo on potty or toilet. I am sure he knows when is going to as he takes himself off somewhere usually. He used to always tell you straight away when he had done a poo in his nappy, but since starting trying to TT he doesn't, and lets it squelch out all over unless you smell it quick, which is harder for them at daycare and I feel bad they have to clean him up. His friends at daycare are toilet trained, I thought that would help but hasn't. He is nearly always dry overnight and will wee in morning.

I feel the same about DD TT40.

Maybe its a 'there will be a new baby soon' thing

Wysiwyg we found DS1 just "got it" one day right before 3. We didn't even try until he said he wanted to wear undies. Boys seem to need to be a bit older. He sounds like he's pretty normal??

TT how old is Spock now?

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast