Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Toilet training general chatter

Default Re: Toilet training general chatter

Mum bought us some cheap ones from Dimmey's - I agree they don't absorb wee at all but they have been great for us containing poo. DD1 still prone to poo in pants when out for the day and the training pants seem to contain the mess more than normal undies.

We have turned a corner =) last few days she has worn undies at home and only done wees on the pot, I keep asking though, every 45mins or so I see if she wants to go, sometimes she says no, sometimes she says yes but doesn't do anything, and sometimes she says yes and goes! No wee accidents though!! Once she took herself and went. And yesterday and today she wore undies out (her choice) =)
    We just have poo accidents now....
    When did people's kids have solid poos?? Spocks never had a solid poo, always loose, I don't just mean spot I mean diahorrea consistency! She does constantly drink water and eats HEAPS of fruit.... Because it is always so lose I'm not sure how much warning she gets before doing poos

DD1's vary from loose to sausages. She goes two sometimes three times a day though!

Fairly loose here, quite sloppy.

We are still in nappies or pull ups but DS1 is starting to be more interested and i am using chocolate for bribery. Going really easy with it all and just suggesting the toilet when i think he may need to go. We got our first wee in the toilet yesterday, he was so proud and surprised. He hates having a wet nappy if he is in bed now and insists on as new nappy so i am considering pull ups for bed, or the padded undies. But i wont do that for another week or 2.

DD1 told DS this week ever so seriously "now you go to the toilet, you have to keep doing it forever and ever. you cant go back the old way ever, ever again".

That is too cute

so, update. we were nearly there. so very nearly there, we had wees sorted! poos not so much...then she went back to square -10...worse than when we were started =( and then she got sick... she then said to me l dont want to get big.
    she turns 3 in a month so ive just let it go until after then, back in nappies. it was DH and i so stressed everytime she had an accident, which made her stressed and then Quark stressed.
    we thought she was ready...she checked every box on the lists

DD1 is night dry! Just before her 5th birthday it all came together. a couple weeks of us taking her around 11, and now she lasts all night. I am so pleased for her.

And DS2 has had 2 dry nights in a row. He might have it sorted a lot quicker than DD.

Heya - DS2 (3yo) is refusing to poo in the toilet, and was previously waiting until his nap / bedtime for a nappy, and then doing it. We've been nappy free for 2 days now - and he hasn't pooed in those 2 days ... ! Any hints, for 3yos refusing to poo?

Peanutter-no help here sorry :-(

I'm jumping in here, been building up to TT with 28mth old DD, she seemed interested so we started the 3day program -cold turkey- today. Bit of a nightmare so far, but I guess that's to be expected, I'm not that confident it will work, DD pretty strong willed and is fighting against the change even though she was keen on undies when we bought them etc.
    But we have started now, so will see how it goes, other people I know have said it took til the end of the 3rd day to click.

Can you email me the 3 day thing Saffy?

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678