Thread: Toilet Training - Poo's

Default Toilet Training - Poo's

Nice an overly nice subject I know :? but I need any advice I can get about trying to get Liam to do poo's in the potty.

He started using the potty a little while ago and has only had a few accidents (wees) when he first started. He has just started having his day sleep with undies on so is going well. If he wants to do a poo he has asked me to put a nappy on him or he's done it when he's got one on. He just won't do one in the potty.

What can I do to help him to realise it's ok to use the potty to do a poo?. Any suggestions would be great, thanks girls

Liam won't even go near it,lol. Of course it's to come and bother me in there yep he will but he won't sit on there.

As a matter of fact the day I wrote this he did a poo in the potty. He simply had to as he had undies on and said 'mummy I need to do a poo, can you read me a story',lol. I said to him if he needed to go he could get a story and have a sit on the potty. I got him to the potty and went to get the book but it was all over before I got back, so to speak. Lovely topic isn't it, NOT!!!.

So, I bought him a Thomas train like I said I would, just hoping to encourage him to start iykwim. Hoping it continues now, we'll see.