Thread: toilet training question

Default toilet training question

my DD is 22 months and she will tell us when she needs to do a poo, however i can not get her to sit on the potty, she might sit on there for 2-3 mins at a time, but otherwise she will hope off and dose not want to hop back on, what can i do?

Could you try reading books to her while she sits on it? I did that with Lindsay when he was TT. Paige wont have a bar of the potty either, but will happily sit on the toilet. Erin was the same, she went straight to the toilet too. Have you got one of those seats for the toilet so they sit on it without falling in?

We had a 'treasure bag' which we would use to keep Miss M entertained on the toilet. It contained books, puppets, marraccas (sic), small toys etc. We only had to use it for a few weeks to get her use to sitting on the toilet then once she was trained (which really only took a few days) we could get rid of it as she was only interested in doing her 'thing' and getting out to play! We also used a book for the potty but she usually uses the toilet now.

thanks girls
    today we have been sitting it in front of the tv and she will now sit in watching tv, we give her a drink and sometimes she has been reading as well.I have been putting her on the potty with every nappy change, hopefully it wont take long.