Thread: Toilet Training and sleep

Default Toilet Training and sleep

So... what do you do for sleeps when they are still learning the whole TT experience?

Do you put them in a nappy? a Pull up? or one of those nighttime pants?

just wondering as Matilda is refusing to wear a nappy for her sleep today (If I can get her to sleep ) and wondering what everyone else does. I have put towels under where her bum is usually on the bed, hmmmmm...

I got a waterproof blanket thing from big W that I slip under Angus when he falls asleep.

Mackenzie is out of nappies for sleeping now - day sleeps last year and night sleeps in Jan this year (whoo!) but she still sleeps on the matress protector which goes over the sheet. I got it from K-mart for about $30. When we stopped wearing nappies for sleeps she just stayed in her knickers and I explained to her why she needed to sit on the toilet before she went to bed and she did great.

We have been putting Lachlan to bed in nappies, and in the time he has started TT (1.5wks) we have only had 3 wet nights.

Love

During the day with Lindsay, I would put either a towel under him or get him to sleep on his car mat, which is made of linoleum. There were only ever a few times that he wet that during a sleep. With the girls, they would go to the toilet before their sleep and go again when they woke up and that worked well for us and I don't think either of them had an accident.

Give her a go at sleeping without a nappy on but make a point of getting her to at least try to go to the toilet before sleep, to get her in the habit of doing it.