Thread: Toiley jealousy

Default Toiley jealousy

Angus did a wee on the toilet this morning \/ but the best bit was that he told me when I was changing his morning nappy.

So then it was a drama as Mason decided that he didn't want Angus to sit on his toilet. As soon as Angus was off then Mason was standing there trying to squeeze out any wee that he had.

How do I go about trying to keep the peace here. I had so much trouble toilet training Mason that I don't want to tell him off and maybe cause a setback, but he was tring to pull Angus off the toilet and crying about it.

Melinda Guest

Oh no! Poor little Mason is jealous of Angus using his toilet?! Eeeks!!! That would have been a bit of a surprise for you I guess.......I never even thought of that kind of thing happening! LOL

I have absolutely no suggestions for you whatsoever since I haven't BTDT, but I hope you find a solution that's suitable for both of them!!

How have things been since that first incident yesterday?

Angus didn't want to sit this morning, but he had a nappyfull so prolly didn't need to.

Maybe get Angus his own potty? That way he won't be using Mason's.

Haven't been there yet either so that's the only thing I can think of!

Debbie Lee Guest

I was going to say the same suggestion as Sarah.

Have you got an ensuite, Sam? Maybe one of the boys could use that toilet so that they have their own separate toilets? Uno... maybe you could say to Mason: "Because you're such a big boy now, you get to use Mummy and Daddy's toilet!".

I'm the same as the others tho... haven't got to that stage yet so I probably have no idea what I am talking about

Debbie Lee Guest

That's a good idea, Jillian.
    Sam - maybe you could "recruit" Mason. Tell him that you need his help to "teach" Angus how this whole toilet thing works. Maybe if it's Mason's job to do the encouraging, he'll gladly let Angus sit on the loo?

Angus has been off it this week [-( . I'll just have to be cunning and pop him on the loo when he's feeling co-operative one day.

Hmmm I think it may be like he is torn between wanting to please mummy and wanting to do his own thing IYKWIM.
    Last night after his bath he was doing the nuddy run and he started to wee on the floor so I scooped him up and ran to the toilet. He was screaming "no sit on toilet" but as soon as he was on it he weed and started clapping himself. Mason came in and clapped too so that was a bit of a breakthrough.