thread: Tots Bots Nappies by Cleverpants

Dec 2008
    Wagga Wagga

Tots Bots Nappies by Cleverpants

Hey ladies

Just a quick one - have any of you tried any of the nappies made by cleverpants ie tots bots original, bamboozle or flexi tots???

They have a good package of nappies and covers with a couple of extra freebies when you buy the package, and i'm just wondering how well they worked.

their site is Cloth nappies at Cleverpants - Tots Bots

Its a big investment upfront i know, but the overall longterm savings.... i'm due in September with my first bubby and if i go for it, i should start paying off now....

Thanks

Jul 2008
    Upwey, Victoria

i'm interested in this too i have a trial pack of bamboozle and flexitots and wonder what the performance is like.

But I definately recommend getting trial packs of nappies before buying a package, I was going to buy a fulltime pack of itti bitti's but found the trial pack didn't fit bubs very well as he was quite a big baby but with skinny legs. i've ended up tossing up between tot bots bamboozle/flexi tots and bumgenius they seem much better fit.

but definatley try a few out before going all out or you may find they don't fit bubs.

Sep 2005
    In the middle of nowhere

I have originals in velcro and snappi fastening and a bamboozle.

They are both a top fit on newborns - however my newborn started out at 9lb so not tiny. He has been wearing them since day 2.

However I hate the bamboozle. It's the last I go for. I reckon the cotton ones are better. You HAVE to boost the bamboozle, and thn when you do the elstic isn't a snug fit - so poosplosions...

I love the originals but as they are cotton - they aren't as absorbant as some of the other brand bamboo nappies.

I also have cute tooshies bamboo fitted, spunky butts (my absolute faves) andbaby beehind fitteds (that not including my AIOd or pockets). Overall the tots bots rate as average, but they fit so well I love them and just change him more often.

HTH

Jul 2008
    Upwey, Victoria

Kim- thanks, think we're going to go with the bumgenius pockets they seem to be doing really well at the moment compared to teh totbots we've got. i'm not keen on the eww factor when you change the totbots of it not having the wrap built in. hubby really likes the bumgenius too, it ended up being a toss between flexitot and bumgenius. so i'm off to get those soon which is good i hate having our bin so full of disposables.

Sep 2005
    In the middle of nowhere

You're welcome

Oct 2007
    Rural England

DD has been in Bamboozles (aplix) exclusively, and I agree with Kim, they need to be boosted (additional to the inbuilt booster) at night. Because I've been slack (and originally overwhelmed!) about things since DD was born, I've never got around to getting boosters for her, and so she goes in a sposie at night (for 12+ hours), and her Bamboozles in the day (I'm going to cloth at night now as I'm about to buy her next lot of nappies - she's not far from out of her size 1 bamboozles).

They fit fantastic, and the elastic is awesome - hasn't stretched one bit. DD has chunky legs (like her daddy!) and her size 1's are already starting to get too small around her legs, but I've been really pleased with their fit especially as DD has explosive poos all the time since the beginning and they've rarely ended up outside the nappy, especially when she was a little thing. The elastic around the waist holds all the poo in really well too.

I don't recommend their Flexi wraps. Really, *really* don't. They leak badly, and although they are very comfy and don't have elastic gusseting anywhere and the velcro really helps them fit well around the waist as baby grows , they are really difficult to get wrapped around her legs properly without leaking happening when the nappy starts to get more than damp. Basically I would need to change the nappy twice as often to stop the leak problem with the wrap (not keen on that!).

So, although I don't have anything else to compare in to TBH, I'm very keen on the bamboozle (certainly for day time), but not very keen on the wrap.

HTH