Thread: TTing at what age???

Default TTing at what age???

Zarius is now 19months old. I was just wondering when would be the best time to start toilet training with him, he pees really well with his nappy off lmao and watches daddy pee all the time. also if anyone has tips please include them too as this is my first time.

Thanks
    Rin

Best advice i can give you is wait until he shows signs he is ready. DS was 3 when he TT and he did it in 2 days. I tried him 6 months earlier and he would sit on the toilet/potty for ages each day and not go. He obviously hadnt clued on to the sensation of needing to go to the toilet yet and just wasnt ready. Just after he turned 3 he told me he wanted to go to the toilet and he has ever since that day. It was so easy. Once you are at that stage, my advice is to put him straight in undies. Do it when you have a few days home so if you have accidents it doesnt matter.
    Best of luck.

Hi SS,

Zarius does sometimes grab at his nappy and says something in his laguage lmao. he follows me to the toilet and watches me use it and passes the toilet paper. how will i know when he is ready???

DD1 was a little over 3 b4 she was really ready. like PP i'd tried earlier but she just wasnt there yet.
    all u can do is put his potty out, take his nappy off and see what he does.
    dnt be disheartened if he's not ready, he will be eventually.
    best of luck

Rinnie,
    I guess the only way to know is to give it a go? If it doesnt work, then dont get too stressed, just put it off for a few months. My DD will tell me after shes done a poo.. ive tried her on the toilet and she just sits there and does nothing, like DS did at first.. so ill wait a few months.
    Its all trial and error hun.. sit him on a potty and see if he will go. (they usually say about 1/2 hour after theyve had a drink or meal is a good time)

hey guys,

thanks!! I will get him a potty and just try him in a couple of months and see how he goes. Thank you all for your help

Liebling, my boy wonder, was about 22m old when he wanted to wee on the potty. He did it twice on two consecutive days. Easy, I thought. He knows when he wants to go and he goes to the corner of the room to do it, potty or nappy. He tells me before he does things.

A year and a half later (the boy could sit on a potty for four hours in front of Thomas with food and drink given and refuse to wee age 2), he decided he wanted to wear pants and use the loo. Potty was outgrown after 2 weeks. We had 2-3 accidents a week the first month, and now he's got into his head that pooing is naughty, so I'm working on that. But he was dry at night within two months.

So he may be ready physically, but not psychologically. My mother did more harm than good trying to force the issue - he just announced that he was going to use the potty after his best mate came round for dinner and used our loo!

DD#2 we started toilet training not long before she turned 2, just after she was 2 she actually decided to use the potty. She's still a bit iffy with poos - she wears a nappy at nighttime and will demand to go to bed early and get into her jamas if she needs to poo and then refuse to go to bed after we change her nappy, which is rather annoying.

Today she went outside and did a poo in the exact centre of the path leading to our front door. She was talking about a poo outside and I wasn't thinking much of it (after all, we get bird poo and so forth outside) until she went out to 'meet the poo' or 'say hello to the poo' several times in a row so I asked to be introduced to the poo too and sure enough, it was one of hers. Grrr.

Quote Originally Posted by RumpledElf View Post
    she went out to 'meet the poo' or 'say hello to the poo' several times in a row so I asked to be introduced to the poo too and sure enough, it was one of hers. Grrr.
    Rumpled Elf - sorry, but that is hilarious!! I can just imagine her going "Mummy, I'd like you to meet my poo"

LMAO

LMAO - that's better than Liebling's "Quick, quick, Mr Wee-wee is coming!" Meeting the poo is hilarious when it isn't my child telling me that.

We did it 4 weeks after DD#1's 2nd birthday. Took 2 weeks (first week with no pants on at all) and I could safely say she was fully TT. I found her understanding over everything was great and her speech was clear so she could easily tell us when she needed to go without any confusion. I kept the potty with us where ever we went (didn't leave the house in that first week though) so it was never far away.

we TT'd DD#1 with thepottytrainer and it was awesome! We are in the process of TT-ing DD#2, who is a few weeks off turning 2 and she is almost there! I think its worth checking out

My advice is wait for signs (asking to go, showing interest in what you do, ect), if you think he's ready give it a go, but don't push the issue.

We started TT Brendan 12 months ago, he's been TT for 2 weeks. He's 3yrs 7m old.

Hope that helps x

Quote Originally Posted by sneakysparkle View Post
    we TT'd DD#1 with thepottytrainer and it was awesome! We are in the process of TT-ing DD#2, who is a few weeks off turning 2 and she is almost there! I think its worth checking out
    What's thepottytrainer, ss?

Just answered my own question... Thank you google.

Looks pretty good...