Thread: Undies or nappy

Default Undies or nappy

Jack has gone to bed in undies for the last 7 nights. For the first 5 he was fine. But last night and the night before he wet the bed. Would you continue with undies or put him back in nappies at night for a while?

i have just taken night nappies away from my son in the last month.. when we first tried we had 5 wet nights out of 7 so stopped but now we have had only 2 wet beds in a month

I would say stick with the undies and maybe take him to the toilet before you go to bed at night. I never wanted to do that with my sons either but it definetly saves a lot of wet beds and upset boys..

Great idea Nic. Thank you.

MR how did you decide it was time to stop night nappies? I have no idea when to do it....

thought I would throw my 2 cents in here

with my eldest and youngest it was simply when they were dry overnight. My eldest was 4 when we stopped and the way we did it was to not buy any nappies and just run out one night.. We told Ethan prior to this that when we ran out that was that.. With Isaac and Jacob we were a bit lazier as they wore the same size nappies.. So we just stopped buying them last month and did both at the same time. Jacob who is younger was always waking with dry nappies where as Isaac who is 4 would always soak them.. But Isaac hasn't had a wet bed where Jacob has..

I think it would just come down to how prepared you are to have wet beds at night. and if DS has dry nappies over night.. always give it a trial run for a week which is what we did late last year but neither boy was ready so we went back to nappies

Sarah, he has been asking to wear undies to bed for ages now - since even before he day TT, and even more so since. In nappies he usually had at least 3 dry nights in a row. We were hoping to have 7 or more dry nights before going to undies, but I thought it might be a catch 22 - if he has the nappy on he might wet, this doesn't mean he would in undies. So, the other night when he insisted on undies we said yes. After 5 dry nights I thought we there - that was my first mistake - NEVER even think those words LOL!! I still think we're close though!

Umm... can I just ask how you know if they're dry overnight? I doubt my DS is yet.. but I've often wondered how I'll ever know.. coz he wakes up and comes into our bed.. so he could well wee once he's up.. but how would I know he'd stayed dry before that? OK.. does that make sense? LOL.

Well with Jacob he would crakc up and simply refused to pee in his nappy and we taught him how to take it off himself. not a good thing to do if they still wear them during the day though lol

if you can talk to him about wee's just say no more wees in the nappy ok.. Lets go to the toilet when the sun wakes up.. Or check his nappy as soon as he comes into your bed and if dry go straight to the toilet

Liz, We knew Jack was dry because he was still dry! Often he was still dry for some time after getting up (if we were still in bed and a bit slow to take him to the toilet LOL!!). Maybe you could check the nappy when he first wakes up sometimes just to see?