Thread: Wash The Bum!!! TTing

Default Wash The Bum!!! TTing

I am currently in the process of TT Noah. He is going pretty well and although I had hoped he'd be out of nappies by the time this bub is born it doesn't look likely. Everytime I sit him on the toilet for a poo he tells me Ouchies, he is not constipated, he goes atleast once a day and his poo isn't overly hard. He would rather do it in his nappy and even though I know it's wrong sometimes I give up and put a nappy on him just so that he can relax and do it.

Anyway, today he tells me that he has to do "nuggets" this is what he calls his poo on to the toilet. So in we go and I sit him on the loo. I find if I stay in there with him the whole time he just ends up chatting away and forgets what he's in there for so I make an excuse - take the loo roll out with me because he has a bad habit of shoving it in the toilet. I am out of the room for a minute or so and go back to check on him, still no nuggets he tells me. Then not 20 seconds later he calls me back in. I find him bare bummed and leaning over the bath tub yelling out to me "wash the bum, wash the bum" I'm guessing that he wanted me to wipe it, I did just to humour him but alas there were still NO NUGGETS.

At this point in time we are still waiting..... Nope there are those precious little plops in the toilet

Just though that I'd share.

Yay for Noah

Take care
    Trish

Trish,

My son started TT about 6 weeks ago and he goes to the toilet for a wee with no problems but poo's are a differeny story.
    He will say" poo poo mummy" so i take him in and sit him on the toilet and i leave him to do his business like you do, i just stand outside the door( where i can see him but he can't see me.). Unfortunatly we have only had a few "nuggets" ending up in the toilet, the rest of them have happened in his pants or nappy.
    How long did you have to put a nappy on Noah for before he went in the toilet? Not sure how long i should be putting a nappy on for.

Anyway Congratulations Noah what a big boy you are. =D>

Take care Leah

Leah,

Not sure what you mean completly about "how long I put the nappy on Noah before he went in the toilet" If I put a nappy on him he will do it in it as soon as he gets the chance, oh and some privacy Somedays I put his nappy on for his nap - well I do that everyday but ykwim, anyway I'll go back in to his room 10 minutes later because he is mucking around and generally he has done a poo. I think they just ffel more comfortable pooing in their nappy. Although he does hate having it on. He won't sit down at all - good thing that and will tell me straight away so it gets changed.

We make a huge fuss when he poos on the toilet and just remind him when he does it in his nappy that big boys do poo's in the toilet.

Take care
    Trish