Thread: What does mild nappy rash look like?

Default What does mild nappy rash look like?

DS gets just a few spots that look like "goosebumps" that are small raised red and some with tiny white spots on top.(Bit like a tiny pimple)
    Is this mild nappy rash or an allergy? He gets them on and off every few weeks or so. They last about 2-5 days. I think he is getting the same thing on his body just a few scattered occasionally.
    Any suggestions?? I have no faith in Drs, they have no idea what it is. Been to so many for the past year and am pulling my hair out wondering.
    Thankyou

Ally.....I think if there are little spots it may be a touch of a fungal infection.....which is a very common presentation in nappy rash.....(not surprising: a nice warm damp environment!)

What do you use at the moment to clear it?

Canestan works a treat, but you also need to continue to apply it after the spots/redness have gone for a few days to make sure the fungal infection is REALLY knocked onthe head, otherwise it'll re-appear.......

Hi Lucy
    I tried canesten for a couple of weeks once, but it didnt seem to do anything. I think I will probably give it another go though. Would a fungal infection come and go though? Or would it just stay there until it has been treated. DS seems to get it come then completely go, then come back again?

Ally, fungal infections can come & go....when I was younger, I used to have this ring worm that would appear and whenever I would treat it, would disappear and come back a few weeks later.

It just took 3weeks to get rid of a fungal infection on Maddy's chest, we ended up getting some Elocon from the GP which healed it up finally.