Thread: where to go from here?

Default where to go from here?

Hey, well basically I started TT a few months ago which DD picked up within a week and was weeing on the potty all the time. Then I became pregnant and being sick I got lazy in gettting her on the potty. Now my problem is, she runs around all day with no nappy on and no accidents but I have realised what she does is hold her bladder til her lunch sleep and do it all there and also with her night time sleep. I dont particually want to put her to bed with no nappy on because then she wont sleep if shes all wet. She drinks like a camel and I encourage her to use the potty but she doesnt do anything anymore. Im out of ideas. Anyone else had this problem?

cloud_skye Guest

Thats a hard one.

When DD was little (well 16months) I could predict her poos and couldn't be bothered with smelly nappies so I'd rush her off to the toilet. Eventually she would hold on to them until bed because she was being lazy!!! But that's not what you're talking about.

If it were me I would leave her without a nappy for her nap and let her get really wet, hoping she'd decide that is yucky. Chances are she is only waiting til you leave the room anyway and it won't actually wake her up to wet the bed. It means messy sheets, but I don't see other alternatives...

Oh and I found with DD that TT took off when I took her night nappy away (never had a nappy for her day nap once we TT).

Yes Mason did this and to some extent still does.

We would go in to check on him at night and he would have pooed in his night nappy. Also holding onto wees for ages untill he can't hold anymore.

He got better with the poos eventually. We still have wee holding on dramas but that's just him - he's stubborn
    Maybe you could try sitting her on the toilet before her nap and then letting her go to sleep without a nappy on so that she learns that a nappy isn't put on automatically for her now. Make sure you've got a waterproof on the bed and put her on an old towel or something. It may take a few times but hopefully she'll learn.

Just remember that TT is about control from a psychological point of view. This is a new thing for toddlers to be able to control, most will go through this until they learn that it's ok to relinquish that control & do what has to be done. They will get past it.

Thanks for your advice ladies. I will try the no nappy at sleep time then! Whatever works hey Fingers crossed!