Thread: Won't go on the toilet

Default Won't go on the toilet

Please tell me it will happen..

DD will not wee or poo on the toilet. She will wear undies without having an accident, but will insist on a nappy when she needs to go. She will go hours, and obviously knows the sensation, but won't do it on the toilet..

If I try sitting her on the toilet, it is hysteric time. And I don't want to scare her from the toilet, but I am sick of putting a nappy on her to change it 5 mins later. (I can't leave a wet or soiled nappy when I know about it)..

so please tell me, that this is the start and she will eventually go where she is supposed to..

Do you have a potty instead? DS wouldn't go on the toilet (it scared him) but went happily in the Dora potty we got.

Then a few months later we packed away the potty, and now he goes on the toilet. It was a very gradual process though.

Yeah, I should have put that in.. She won't go on that either, or the mini ones at daycare.. She will take her undies down and sit on it, but won't do the business, LOL..

Ahhh ok.

Well maybe she's not quite ready? I know my SIL had trouble with my nephew cos he wanted the nappy so she cut holes in it, so he'd put it on, and then sit on the toilet, and would actually be going.. lol... so she made the hole bigger and bigger till it was just the waist band.. ROFL