Thread: Woohoooo!!

Default Woohoooo!!

Every now & then Zander will say he doesn't want a nappy for his night sleep but then changes his mind. Last night he was adamant that he was not going to wear a nappy, so reluctantly I let him go to bed without it & said if he needed to do a wee he had to call out for mummy or daddy. I had to think what I was going to do if he had an accident in the night as his spare sheet is waiting to be washed (been raining for 2 weeks) and I don't have a waterproof mattress protector yet. But I wasn't going to say no.

This morning he came out to the lounge after 11 hours sleep & said "I need do wee now" and off he went. I checked him out & there was not even a dribble out of place So I'm starting to think that the wet nappies in the morning were more him being desperate to go when he woke up (because he really really was today!) and just using the nappy cos he could.....

But yay for my baby growing up just a little bit more.

WOOHOOO!
    What a clever chicky!!!!!!

And LOL @ "dribble out of place"

Well done Zander and his gorgeous Mama...

LOL I know that was a bit of a weird statement huh?! But he does tell me sometimes "my undies are wet, but just a dribble!" I think it was something daddy said at some stage!

WTG Zander. What a clever boy you are.

And yay for dry sheets and no dribbles Sarah. Now I reccommend you get that sheet washed today in the sun and put the mattress protector on. As soon as you get comfortable it will happen.

Clever lil' fella!!

Not so good last night, he called out I do a wee in the toilet by myself. It took me a minute to wake up & realise what was going on, get up, get the lights on etc and it was too late. So the 4am bed change was just great this morning *sigh*

I've taken Cai's advice though & have bought two waterproof mattress protectors. Once everything is off the line I'll layer them up on his bed - protector, sheet, protector, sheet - then if we have an accident tonight the first sheet & protector can be taken off & the bed is still ready to go!! Brilliant idea Aunty Cai!

Yes Sarah rhat is a great idea. Works great on your bed for HB's too

Enchanted Guest

Ooooer great idea! I will have to keep that in mind for when we go through that!

Definitely a good idea, it took us less then five minutes to have the bed fixed, Zander changed & back into bed.

I think the one night was a fluke occurence, he's still wetting & when he's asleep too. We went to bed last night & he was sound asleep in a big puddle with wet blankets. We might leave it a few weeks now because it's far too cold for him to be in wet sheets if we dont catch it in time.