Thread: Woolies Select brand ???

Default Woolies Select brand ???

Hi

Just wondering if anyone has tried the Woolies Select brand of nappies ?? I am about to have my first baby and i have stocked up on Huggies but i was reading some articles in one of the parenting magazines and everyone was raving about how fantastic the new Select brand of nappies are. They also had an interview with the guy that designed them for Woolies and hes an Aussie. He said he based them on Huggies but just tried to improve the bits of Huggies that he didnt like when he used them on his kids.

I am curious to hear what others that have used them thought of them ??????????

Cheers
    Char :biggrin:

Wow I didn't know they got such good reviews!
    I used them a few times with Aidyn, and they were OK, but definately not the best.
    I found the sizing to be on the small side, and the 'feel' of them was very different - papery and thick sort of.
    However I dont think they leak at all so are definately good in that regards, also the price is great.

My top pick for cheaper nappies are the Aldi Mamia brand - they are fantastic, better than BabyLove, and very nearly as good as Huggies IMO!

I bought them for my daughter, as i loved huggies on her, but they were a tad expensive. I didnt think they were that great, and baby love were awful (just made her break out in rashes, the "You'll Love Coles" brand nappies are just Baby Love under another name) but im with Ambah, i love the Aldi nappies (not sureif you have Aldi in Adelaide though..) i like the coles ones in a white bag (they cost 12.99) my son uses these, and they're great, never have a prob.

HTH, good luck!

I use the Select brand........Charlie loves them as they have frogs on them and he is obsessed my frogs in general, LOL!

From a leaking/protection perspective, I found them very great.....no probs at all....as absorbant as Huggies.

The feel the same as "Pampers" which are the top selling UK brand......

I got the infant ones for Chelsea and i have to say they are the most useless nappies ive ever brought!!

Im going back to my Coles loves baby ones!!!

I havent actually used the select ones yet, as bubs is comming in just over 3 weeks,, but bought a box of them to start out on,, and they are very thin, they have no actual tape band around the tummy,,, the tapes seem to attach wherever needed,, so you can have them as small or as large as you need them. Also, the newborn ones have a semi circle cutout on the middle of the front so there is not nappy material irritating the newborn unbilical stump which i thought was a great idea also. All in all, they look alot like the huggies, just without the pictures on them as they are all plain white. HTH

I use them all the time, I love them.
    they are as absorbant as huggies, and I like the sizing better than huggies.
    The grip tabs are longer too, which is great.

I changed to them when Milo started wetting through the huggies at night (although less of a problem since the new huggies design)

kiki Guest

I love them too. I prefer the bigger sizes with the frogs on, the little ones are pain white, but regardless of size I find them as absorbent as Huggies (if not better) and don't give my little girl nappy rash like Huggies or baby love do. Thet feel a bit more papery than huggies.

We got a few samples of them at the Baby and Child expo. Whenever we used them they seemed to be fine. I used to use Aldi Mamia nappies before I changed to cloth a month ago. They were a great replacement for the Huggies which we started with.

I got them as samples at the expo too. I found them ok!

Thanks for all your feedback girls. I guess in the end its all personal choice and the best way is to experiment with a few brands. I have seen alot of people say the Aldi Mamia brand is GREAT but i have never heard of them Where do you get them from ??? Maybe we dont have them here in SA ???

Thanks again for your advice :biggrin: