Thread: Do I need to soak flats??

Default Do I need to soak flats??

I remember during my brief encounter with terry flats with my first bub that I would soak the nappies in a bucket of napisan overnight before washing. I know you don't need to do this with mcn...but should I be doing this flats? How on earth do nappies (flats or mcn) not stain if you don't soak them in anything?

Is dry pailing just putting them in a bucket by thmeselves? No water...nothing?

You can tell i'm new to this...any help appreciated!

Yup dry pailing is just that - a dry pail - no water - nuthin.

Stains come out in the sun. So just wash em and put em on the line - and they'll be fine and dandy.

I don't soak my flats - the only time I do is when DS has a belly bug and I can't bring myself to take it over the toilet to clean it cos it makes me feel So I just whack it in the nappy bucket for a few hours. yuk yuk.

I had a flat on him the other night for an hour or so - was nice to remember how to do it.. LOL

Thankyou so much!

Marlene... I dont soak unless i get a bad stain... Usually a little powder is all i add (sensitive environmentally friendly suff cos DD has allergies) the washing machine gets most stains out and if not the sun is great. I often wondered the same and was worried bout MCN's also... I'm a newbie to MCN's....