Thread: Dry inbetween prewashes??

Default Dry inbetween prewashes??

I have done a few prewashes on my MCN's and have usually just washed a few times in a row without drying in between, which has been fine for day nappies as they are changed often anyway. I have just received two NN's (yayyy for fluffy mail!) and was wondering if they need to be dry between washes to make them more absorbent. Also, can prewashing just been done on a short cycle seeing as they are not dirty?

Thanks in advance.

hun i would suggest to dry them completely - but a short cycle should be fine

just put it on "extra dirty"

hth

Yeah I'd do the prerequisite washing for the night nappies - being that they won't be used for short periods of time. Either that or use them during the day for a while.

And yeah, short wash should be fine I would think.

Thanks girls...I thought that might be the case.
    Bummer, looks like I won't be using them for a while...this rain just won't stop, and I don't want to put them through the dryer too much.

Put them on a clothes horse and aim a fan at them hun, they should dry pretty quick that way.

I only ever do one pre wash, but they do need to dry before you can wash them again to be effective (for absorbency).

I sit my clothes horse next to the oven when its on lol that sounds weird ( I make a lot of casseroles alright!! lol)

Gigi is offline BellyBelly Life Member - Love all your MCN friends
    Add Gigi on Facebook

if they are brand new night nappies, you CAN use them after ONE pre-wash, but they won't last very long, absorbency wise.

Doing all the pre-washes (and drying inbetween) will mean that when you DO use them, they will be at FULL absorbency.

If they are 2nd hand, i would just do one wash.

If they are pocket or Ai2 night nappies, i wouldn't tumble dry the shell or pocket, but you can tumble dry the boosting/trifolds (cos there is no elastic in them).

if they are fitted night nappies, i would air dry the shell as much as possible, only tumbledrying the last bit. again, it's safe to tumble dry the fitted's boosting, cos no elastic in that bit.

i dried ours indoors, on a clothes horse, with fan blowing. When nearly dry, tumble dried for five minutes (night fitteds).

hth

Thanks girls...ones a Mandy Mac and the other is a Sandman...both brand new. I will just use a sposie tonight and keep going with the washing and drying...I've waited 11.5 months, I'm sure I can wait one more night, LOL.

Gigi is offline BellyBelly Life Member - Love all your MCN friends
    Add Gigi on Facebook

ok, so you have two brandnew, bamboo fitted night nappies.

three separate washes needed minimum (for each of them).

Limey - i am jealous of the size of your kitchen! my clothes horse would take up ALL the walking room in the kitchen (and it's not a huge clothes horse either LOL).and Marlene, send us some of that rain, bilby doesn't even know what rain is, we have been in drought here for 12 years.

Thanks heaps gigi!! Tumble drying the boosters should speed things up a bit. Might end up being two night till we can use them.

Ooh interesting... do we have to 'wash' them, or is it enough to simply wet them with water and dry them repeatedly 5 or 6 times to reach max absorbancy?