Thread: How to get poo stains out?

Default How to get poo stains out?

Just wondering how to get poo stains out of bamboo prefolds? I thought you couldn't soak them in nappy san etc so am wondering what I can do. Is it only newborn poo that stains or will all poos stain if bubs is on breast milk?

The Sun Just hang them out on a nice full day of sun & they will disappear. No need to soak or use antibacterial rinse etc, the sun will take care of all of it.

The sun is the best at getting stains out. Newborn poos then to stain worse than normal breastfed poo. HTH Congrats on your bubba!

Not all poo stains, are u using liners? that can protect the nappy a bit more.

i strip wash and stick them in the sun, doesnt work on all stains but works on alot of them.
    Hope u and ur little man are wonderful hun xxx

p.s, u never said his name pm me if u dnt want to announce it, im DIEING to know!

Sun sun and more sun

thanks so much everyone. I have been so in love with my prefolds and was so happy to finally use them but then devo when the poo stained them I have been using microfleece liners but it's still managed to stain them. I will keep them in the sun and I'll be happy even if they fade by 80% I'm so happy the cloth is working for us, just need some more covers and I will be using them full time when they arrive. I was going to order them today but heck the day has come and gone and I've done not much other than look at our baby lol thanks again

If the staining is really bad you can also make up a bicarb soda paste and rub it in. Then sun.