Thread: Nappies on the line......

Wink Nappies on the line......

I have noticed a lot of mcn users put there nappies on a clothes horse full time.. is there a reason for this???
    I put mine on the clothesline in full sun.. they still look brand new most of them and are in great nick...
    Should they not be on the line so much, for wear and tear or something????

It is reccommended that MCN's get put on the line horizontally rather than just pegging at the top cos the weight of the wet nappy can stretch/wear out the elastic sooner.
    I always put mine outside on the line if there is sun. The UV is great for getting out the last of the stains!
    I only use a clothes horse under sufferance cos the weather is no good outside!

Yep, I always hang them longways...

They are in great condition, some have been used constantly for 8 months, and look brand new!!

But thought maybe I was doing "internal" damage maybe!!!

I use the clothesline as much as weather allows (remembering that I live in Melbourne ). Which is actually alot of the time, surprisingly enough. Even if they are only half dry when I need to bring them in, I would prefer they had some fresh air and sunshine rather than none. I think it's good for them! Although I am careful (read: pedantic) about how they are hung out.

Quote Originally Posted by Janie View Post
    Although I am careful (read: pedantic) about how they are hung out.
    Me too!!! I rarely ever let Ad put them out or bring them in!!! Mil helped once, and when she left I rushed out to check on them......

sez dont worry i wont let DH peg out my nappies!!

mine go outside too, inside during winter and hardly ever in the dryer

My husband has a theory that maybe the exposure to the sun all the time can wreck the elastic.... but I don't have a clothesline outside, so thats why I have to hang mine inside anyway

I don't let DH either, mind you I don't hear him complaining

When I used mcn's (we are TT now) I used to hang them on the Hills Hoist as much as possible because yes, the sun is a great stain, smell and germ remover.... only used the drying rack if it was raining. Never tumble dried... I would rather use a sposie than tumble dry which is soooo expensive to do on a regular basis.

Mine always go on the line. Ours isn't in direct sunlight though as it's under our awning at the back of the house so for any stains or for my mircofibre inserts (they stink!) I put them on the clothes horse directly in the sun.

While on this topic...can someone tell me how they hang their IB dlish? I think I'm doing it right but not 100% sure.

I hang my IB lengthways, and peg the booster to the line in front of it.. does that make sense???