Thread: Really dumb question but - can I wash nappies together?

Default Really dumb question but - can I wash nappies together?

Like I said, I'm sure this is the dumbest question ever asked but is there any reason why I should wash my two daughters' nappies separately? At the moment I put my DD's nappies through the rinse cycle, having already rinsed and dry pailed them waiting for wash day, and then I throw in her clothes, bedding etc to make up a full load. I'm sure with a newborn I'll get a full load from their nappies combined but don't want to wash them together if there's any chance nasties could pass between the two of them.

id wash together!

Yep, I'd wash together too! I guess if they're sick you could always seperate them for the duration of the illness, or use dettol rinse.

Are you asking can you wash clothes with nappies or toddler nappies with baby nappies? I don't wash clothes with nappies no matter how rinsed they may be and the nappies also fluff. I do and have washed toddler & baby nappies together. No probs there.

I wash both girls nappies together.....id never put their clothes in there though....!

i so a rinse cycle with just teh nappies then pop all her clothes. bedding etc in... always have!

Yep, I wash all clothes, bedding and nappies together! I figure that if the nappies are coming out clean enough to be put back on your baby, then it's hygienic enough to put the clothes in too.....they should come out the same way I'm a bit of a hygiene freak too

I'd mix Isabelle's and your newborn's nappies no probs

I do the same washing technique as you as well- rinse nappies, then add her clothes in to make a full load. I was every second or every day so the nappies are never disgustingly stinky anyway, then after a rinse I think they are fine to wash with clothes. Otherwise I'd never have a full load of just nappies and I'm not big fan of doing lots of small loads.

Happy 37 weeks Lulu!

I'd probably keep them separate but I also have a washing disorder and cant mix certain clothes together

Quote Originally Posted by ~Raven~ View Post
    but I also have a washing disorder
    LOL, Raven! That's a new one for me
    I'd wash them together as well. You generally trust that you're getting the nasties off the nappies in the washing anyway, KWIM?
    And hey, its not like they're sucking on the nappies... They only go on their bums

I would wash them together but then I wash nappies and clothes and everything else together. I have never had a problem but I do tend to hang clothes outside in the sunlight which is supposed to help get rid of nasties too.

Thanks everyone. I'm a bit of a weirdo when it comes to hygiene too (it took months before I could bring myself to throw Iz's clothes in with her nappies) but there's only just so many loads of washing a woman can do in a day!!

Thanks Lee - 3 weeks to go, thank God, unless I can jump up and down enough to convince this little one to make an early appearance.