Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Cloth Nappy Making #5

Vanessa - ouch to the sunburn! hope u had some aloe vera gel to rub on it!!
    good luck finding a second hand horn cabinet girls...I have one and I love it, love that it can fold down nice and small if needs to

Yeah, aloe vera works wonders!!!! Haven't had the chance to sew much more so far this week, maybe this afternoon or thursday I'll get another chance..... I hope so anyway, got some PUL so can now start with 'proper' waterproof nappies..... Looking forward to my collection growing......

hehe very exciting Vanessa! you should post some photos so we can see!! what colourPUL did u get? I noticed nappyworks has lots of stuff on sale atm...I really wanna buy some but not sure I can afford it till payday which isnt till the 14th lol (we get paid monthly). am gonna get some cotton velour to make wipes as welll! so many pretty colours hehe

Hey Rufalina where do you live? Hope we don't end up bidding against eachother on ebay. I hate how we can't see the names of the other bidders anymore!

Cardboard MrsC? How sturdy is it?

Ive started scanning ebay for a sewing cabinet aswell...all Sammi's fault

i usually cut out on the lounge floor while im watching tv and Vanessa I remember only to vividly trying to get up while 36 weeks pg

Ive got to get my overlocker serviced soon...making some very masculine noises

hehe the cardboard is actually fairly sturdy for cutting out on. The table I got is a Baraque one, it folds away too. obviously its not as strong as a real table so you cant lean all ur weight on it, but its really good their website is their name with com au on the end

hehe I couldnt resist anymore so I bought a few bits of nappyworks, most of it was on sale...except for the super cute winnie the pooh PUL I bought hehe! so have got some velour coming for cloth wipes, and a couple of pieces of PUL for wash bag and nappy covers

I am in Sydney... So we should be Ok on the ebay front.

Maz - at your overlocker comments

MrsC you have me tempted to go shopping too..... must resist.......must resist.......

Maz I am bidding on one ATM but there is another which I'll email you the link for. It's got the overlocker bit but it's too small. Not not worth it IMO. I went to melb sewing centre and sat at one the same for 5 mins.

There are other types that have the longer overlocker bit and that is the one you want. Now I've shared that info with you I guess I'll have to fight you for one

Good on ya MrsC! Can't wait to see your creations
    Last edited by ~Raven~; February 4th, 2009 at 03:21 PM.

PH please do Sammi... need a pick me up big time

MrrsC - dont forget to scan ebay for material and such...you'd be surprised what you can find on there. IM waiting for some motorbike cotton and some skull fabric cant wait

My mum got a new horn cabinet for her birthday , and it is beautiful. It is huge (Decor Mk2)... and it helped me sway DH into letting me get one. But I am struggling to find one close to me... Oh well keeping on trying... Good luck with your ebaying girls!!!

ive also gone to the secondhand shop here in town and let them know that im after one....the owner says she gets people in all the time wanting to sell them and has knocked them back

oh my goodness maz!! I cant believe they would knock them back! they're such awesome cabinets u'd think they'd sell pretty easy! thanks for the ebay tips too I can just see my stash growin with more and more nappy fabric I'm not getting time to sew...ah well, she who dies with the most fabric wins right? doesnt have to be dress fabric rofl!

good luck with the bids girls! I just bid on some covers on B4B, thinking it would be good to have a couple in case my first attempts don't quite work right lol!

I just got some white PUL, using it as a hidden layer under polar fleece..... Unable to sew today cos my feet are swollen they are throbbing if they are down on the floor, so have been looking at the stuff I cut out the other day miserably..... Oh well, I did do one nappy but feet were so sore after that one...

Thanks for the ebay tips too girls, might have a look at the fabrics there, and see how we go.......

besides flannelette, what material is good for making wipes? im after pretty looking ones...would lightweight cotton work?

I wanna sew tomorrow (even though it will be 40 degrees so I would prob change my mind) but my inlaws are arriving in the mornign so I cant exactly go hide in the sewing room..plus my sis is coming too and shes gonna be sleeping in the sewing room so I have to fold down the tables and stuff to make room for her lol! oh well!

Vanessa - not good re the swollen ankles and pain u poor darling! u need a machine like mine where tehres a stop start button so u dont need to use the pedal to make it sew then u could have ur feet up lol! it has its benefits sometimes

teruteru - I heard cotton velour is devine for cloth wipes, good at gripping etc, so I have just bought some from nappyworks, they have beautiful colours!!

Lincraft have 50% of their material atm so now would be a good time to go and buy your cotton fabrics, your fleece and velour.

rhonda - velour is super soft for wipes babe.....it works fabulously and is so yummy...and i know you can get it for about $8m at lincraft ($4m atm)

you can also use sherpa, unbrushed fleece (it looks really loopy on one side), towelling, quilters cotton.....

jed worked late last night (9pm) and the kids were all in bed...so I got out the ikea mammut table (kids table) and put my sewing machine on it, sat on the couch, sewed and watch greys anatomy without getting sore........Jed walked in and PMSL at me. I didnt care...doing what I love and watching tv infront of the aircon...what else could a girl want

WOOHOO!! A Lincraft sale!! how fun!! I hadn't heard about that, 50% off fabric - awesome!

maz - sounds like a perfect way to spend the evening if yu ask me!! DH has put the spare telly into my sewing room but its not connected to the dvd player/VCR yet (I know I could probably work it out myself but he's quicker at that sort of stuff than me! spec cause its a REALLY old tv!) I might get him to show me how to do it tonight when we arrange the room for my sis to sleep in hehe!

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast