Thread: Fleece covers?

Question Fleece covers?

When you are making fleece covers do you need a lining in them?

Haha talk to Maz or FionaJill - they're my new clothie gurus

That would depend on the type of fleece you use. If it's malden mills 300 then you shouldn't as it is good enough on it's own. The thinner fleeces usually don't work with one layer so they need two.
    The other thing is the type of pattern you are using. I have a swaddlebees cover made from a single layer of fleece and it's got an elastic casing sewn onto it and TBH it looks a lot more complicated that the ones that are made from two layers.

Thanks Sam, I was just going to use fleece from spotlight, they've got some really nice ones at the moment. I haven't looked at a pattern yet, on of the baby pattern packs I got (a simplicity one i think) had a pattern for a cover but I hadnt decided if I was going to use that or not.

Fleece from SL would need 2 layers I only saw pull on cover patterns in the books so I didn't get one but that was last year.

It was butterick 5220, the cover has velcro fastening. its also got blankets, mittens, bootie, hats, jumpsuits, growsuits, bibs, shirts, and sleeping bags
    By the looks of the diagram on the back it has elastic on the legs & back

Sal - I recently found a great free pattern for covers. Google wee weka and look at the first link which is to the nappy network in new zealand. They have several patterns there for various types of nappies and I have used the instructions and pattern for a pocket nappy with gusset to make a couple of covers and they have turned out really well. Just ignore the bit in the instructions about leaving a gap for the pockets