Thread: How good are snap presses?

Question How good are snap presses?

Hi guys

I'm looking into snap presses. Have many people got them? And are they good? easy to use? And do you need to buy many attachments with them for different snaps?

Thanks.

I have no idea, sorry Lee, but I'm keen to talk DH into letting me have one so I'll be watching keenly.

Snap presses are great!
    I don't have one myself but am lucky enough to have some lovely friends who let me use theirs

I'm sure that it worked out to be around the 20-25 nappies made mark that it begins to break even if you compare the cost of using the steel snaps you can buy from s/l. The best part about using the resin snaps it that there is no risk from rust either, though the one I have made with steel snaps didn't rust.
    It costs about $5 for enough steel snaps for a cover/nappy and $100ish for the snap press and snaps (can't check ATM cos snapsaustralia won't load for mefor some reason).

So if you're going to make a few then the economics would work out better in the long run.

*Nessa* Guest

They are fantastic!!!

Snap aus sell a snap press and the die you need plus 500 snaps for $120 and that includes postage!!!!

I am loving mine, snaps are alot better then velcor and if you buy the good velcro they are cheaper in the long run too.

Plus i find little fingers cant get off snaps as easy as tehy can velcro, plus velcro is noisier

I love my snap press. Isla removed velcro nappies so the snaps are a must here.
    I use for things other then nappies also. Like I have the die set for the smaller snaps & use it on clothes I make & also I have plans for adding them to a doll I am going to make.
    You could use them for all sort of things, not just nappies.

They are pretty simple to use. Mine at first needed some good weight behind it to set the snap right but once it had a work out it got easier.

Mine has been well worth the purchase.

Yep the velcro ripping child is what makes me want one more - sick of waking up to a wet bed cos she's changed her nappy lol or tried to....

I use snap "tape" for my baby clothes, haven't tried making nappies yet.

The tape (from Lincraft) has the snap press studs sewn in, one tape for each side of the garment (hope that makes sense).

I was scared that the snaps that you hammer in would fall out, that's why i have been using the tape.

But, i just googled snap press and might check them out next!

I have seen those Kate. I don't think they would be strong enough for nappies though. Clothing yes but not nappies.

Oh I know what you mean Kim about the velcro ripping child and the big wee patch in the middle of the bed!! Drives me crazy..

Gee snap tape sounds interesting Kate! You're prob right FJ on the strength though, not so good for nappies..

Thanks for the input guys..I may be back later with more questions!!

ohh that package at snaps australia sounds just so tempting! Not sure if DH will be as tempted though!