Thread: i want to try making my own MCN's

Default i want to try making my own MCN's

i want to try and make my own MCN's but would like to know from anyone who makes them, are they hard to do? i thought i might give it a go and see how i fair with it. just needing a bit of confidence i guess. i am good with a sewing machine so thats not an issue.
    anyone got any tips or advice they can give me?

TIA
    xx

I tried to make my own a while ago but found a lady who makes them for ALOT cheaper then what i could make them for. Not sure how she can make them so cheaps.
    Goodluck!!
    Last edited by lisaandshaun; August 12th, 2010 at 07:40 PM. Reason: change buy to make

I have made some of my own and have been really happy with them. The first couple I made out of old flanalette sheets and towels so it didn't matter if I stuffed them up. The hardest thing for me was getting the pattern just the right shape for my boys. Now I have that under control it is fine, the sewing involved is not difficult. I also like it as I couls take the things I liked about other nappies and put them together the way I wanted them.
    To get all the good fabrics you need to get online, but I would try with some remnants before you spend $ on bamboo etc. Good luck.

They are so much easier than I thought they would be. I made my first three out of old sheets and t-shirts, and by the third one I was really happy with them and happy to move on to the real stuff. Sort of waiting now until bubs is out and I can figure out what works best for us.

Very very easy. You don't need fancy skills or a special sewing machine, just the basics.
    Have a look around online for a pattern, or make your own and experiment a bit to begin with - use some cheap, recycled material till you get the hang of it and find a pattern/style that suits your baby.
    I've been making pockets recently and I'm quite chuffed with myself Including the absorbant booster bits that go inside they're less than $10 each.

thanks heaps everyone!!

i got the wee weka pattern off the net. i got the side snap pattern and the pocket pattern to give it a go. i am currently using pea pods so i was just going to continue to use the inserts from them for the ones i make. will give it a go and see what happens. thanks again everyone xx