Thread: leaking pockets... best to make hourglass or rectangle booster inserts?

Default leaking pockets... best to make hourglass or rectangle booster inserts?

DD's pul pockets are leaking around the legs.

I am wondering if it is because of the rectangular trifolds i made form mircofibre bamboo are too wide...

would this cause the leak... ie touching the sides in the crotch?

Should i cut them all to hourglass shape instead and resew?

hmmm What are the pockets you have?
    It could be 1 or 2 reasons, Over stuffing so as you say, its wicking over the edges from being to close.
    OR it could actually be that its not the perfect fit ie booster & pocket don't match. Maybe try a couple in the hour glass shape before cutting all of your boosters.

Trial & error babe is the name of the game!

i am finding this out lol... can you tell that to DH fj? please!!!!!!! hahaha.. he wont believe me!

Yes they are pretty bulky... i might cut my bifolds into hourglasses and leave the trifolds and see if that fixes the prob. but will still need 3 hourglasses for absorbancy i think... but at least they wont touch the edges???

You want them to go to the edge but not be bulky at the edge KWIM? if they don't cover the area fully then you will get them leaking anyway as teh wee might miss the target.

What pockets have you got?

When you cut your bifolds, remeber to cut them so you have a mirror image of the hourglass, so you want it to be an hour glass once its folded, unfolded it will look like two 8's on top of each other.

ooooh!!!! lol
    they are baby cheeks pockets (nz)
    I will have to cut the bifolds into 2 seperate hourglasses and sew the ends together!!!