Thread: PUL & applying the snaps to nappies?????

Default PUL & applying the snaps to nappies?????

Hi

am fairly new to MCN, plan to have bub in cloth when he is born

I want to know if i can purchase the PUL fabric from spotlight/lincraft & whether there is another way of adding the snaps without the snap press machine????

Thanks heaps
    Kathryne

Hi Kathryn

Sorry I didn't see this post earlier.

PUL can only be bought online - there are heaps of stores online that sell it - it you just googled PUL you would find them.

If you were just going to add snaps to PUL then you would probably get away with the ones that you can buy in Spotlight or Lincraft that you use a hammer on but the beauty of a snap press is when you are trying to get through lots of layers of fabric or bulky fabrics like fleece. There are some places that have a "snap service" where you send them the item and they will snap it for you. I can't immediately remember any but I know I have seen them. Hopefully there is a helpful person out there with a better memory than mine

HTH

As Muppity said you can't buy PUL from SL. From most reports if you ask them they have no idea what it is and have told people to get ripstop nylon which doesn't work.

They sell metal snaps that you bash on with a hammer. They do work alright but depending on how many you are going to eventually need, will cost more in the long run than buying a snap press. I'm also not sure how they will stand up to constant use and if they will rust eventually.

I have a snap press, where abouts in Sydney are you?