Thread: questions for the experts

Default questions for the experts

Hi

My little one (18 months) is wearing fitted nappies made from 100% cotton towelling (5 layers) with 100% cotton flannalette lining. They do really well (with a cover) except over night so i am hoping boosters will help. Currently, she has a flat nappy folded in thirds working as a booster but it doesn't look that comfortable.

I have some bamboo material (85% bamboo 15% Skal certified Organic Cotton Fleece) that i bought on line and some nappy flannalette that i bought from Spotlight.

Is this the right bamboo material to use?

How many layers of which material would work best?

Which layer close to baby's bum?

Is making one that folds better?

Have you ever tried making a folded booster that has curves?

I have sewing machine and overlocker and am pretty handy with them both, are there any special tricks working with bamboo?

If this goes well, i might even attempt to make some fitted nappies myself.

Thanks heaps,

k

Hi Kate! I'm no expert but that's what all my boosters are made of and in my opinion they are better than bought ones.
    I have 3 layer hourglass shaped boosters and 2 layer square boosters that I fold in half (so effectively 4 layers). I use those at night. I don't use flannel on mine, but if the bamboo is next to her skin I use a micro fleece liner as the bamboo is quite drying on their skin.
    HTH.

Thanks Kim

So the micro fleece is not part of the booster, you just have a separate liner in the nappy?

I will make a couple of each (hourglass and square) and so how they go.

Do you make your own nappies too?

Kate