Thread: sewing flannelette nappies....

Default sewing flannelette nappies....

Hi everyone

well off i trot to spotlight, i bought some "nappy flannelette" to make flats, my question is....

is the nappy flannelette the same as normal flannelette material? or is it a tiny bit thicker?? would like to get some of the printed flannelette and make flats with.

Also i bought "micro-polar fleece" is this the right one to make liners with??

Thanks heaps
    Kathryne

I've used the nappy flannel and the plain coloured flannel (Kozy Kids I think its called) interchangeably as MCN inners and haven't noticed any difference. The printed flannels don't wash well though - I don't think they are designed to be washed 5 - 7 times a week so have faded badly. I won't be using them again, which is a bummer as I have a whole bunch of them here already.

The nappy flanelette from SL isn't as thick as the Big Softies flanny flats I bought. You could make an extra layer down the middle or a pre fold so you have some extra absorbancy in the zone.

Thanks girls... now my problem is i CAN'T find covers....am i ever going to win???

Check out the covers that the gorgeous Maz makes - there is a link to her web site in her signature.

Everyone seems to swear by her covers (and I think they are pretty gorgeous - I just don't need any yet!)

Kat, if you need to know places to buy covers, I can PM you with some of the places I get mine. I'm another who quite likes Mazalicious covers too.