Thread: Covers?

Default Covers?

Hello. I will be using flannalette and terry flats with our baby and was after recommendations on what type of cover to use. I've read good reports about BBH and bummies, are they the best? How about Motherease? They have really cute patterns although more expensive. Also, how many covers do I need? Sorry for all the questions.

I'd buy one of each cover and see how you like them on your bub... different brands fit differently and what might fit my little man, may not fit well on your bubba. The brands you mentioned are all really good IMO so you can't go wrong there. As to sizing, many people do not get much wear out of the newborn sizes and start off with the smalls (they soon grow into them if they are a little big)

As to how many, I got by on 4 PUL covers in the small sizes, but 6 would've been better. 4 is fine now he is a little older tho.

Have you looked into using prefolds on your newborn? They are a lot trimmer on a tiny bub and are just as inexpensive as the terries.

Hi Anna, thanks. Saw the prefolds, wasn't really sure how you folded them and what the benefits were over normal flat. Can you Help me out? lol.

if you google 'the nappy lady prefolds' you should find lots of info on prefolds.
    also, ozcloth nappies org or even nappycino forum.
    i like bummis covers or fleece but havent tried BBB.

I use a BBH PUL and two BBH wool covers (soakers?) on Caty. I rotate them each nappy change. I'm only using the small size and there's plenty of room left for her to grow (she's 4.5 kilos). I used the Bummis NB but it only lasted a few weeks. Good though.
    I use flanellette nappies when I'm not using fitteds, and I use the butterfly/bat/chinese folds on Caty - it's a winner