Thread: Mother-ease vs. Babybeehinds?

fairyfloss Guest

Question Mother-ease vs. Babybeehinds?

Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum and am having my first baby in late May .

I'm wondering if anyone has tried the mother-ease airflow cover and the babybeehind PUL with a terry flat? I'm looking in to buying a few fitted nappies for outings, but will mainly use the flat nappies so i need covers that will fit.
    Does using a flat affect the size of cover one should choose? I assume they have been designed to go with their fitted nappies, so with mother-ease should i go straight on to medium if i aim to use it with a terry flat (medium starts at 4.5 kgs)? I'm thinking you wouldn't get much use out of the small ones unless you have a very small baby anyway.
    The babybeehind PUL covers are half the price of the mother-ease however, so if there's not much of a difference I might just buy some of them. I just like the fact that the mother-ease has poppers instead of velcro.

If anyone has any advice on any of these covers (or to recomend another cover), I'd be very happy! *Stuck in the nappy djungle*

most people will recommend the motherease!!!!

fairyfloss Guest

Ok, I'll get the mother-ease ones then! Thank you!

Anyone who has mother-ease small covers? How long do they last? Is there a point in buying them, or a waste of money? I'm thinking of how the other covers don't have smaller covers than 4.5 kgs anyway, so maybe you can use them on a NB aswell?

the best people to ask would be Janie or nelle, there the experts in mother ease~

hi all
    I'm keen to know about the mother ease sizing too. I've got a small BB which doesn't look that small (bub not here to try it on yet), but noticed that mother ease does an x-sm and a sm, both of which say 2.5-5.5kg. Any enlightenment? I guess there's no point getting x-sm given it's the same size as sm??

cheers

Ok, fak, so bear with me! :P

Motherease have 2 styles, 'Airflow' & 'Rikki'. I think Rikkis are awesome for littlies, because they have gussets (fancy around the legs) for a snugger fit to guard against poo-sposions. I know they don't have snaps, but snaps aren't all that for a newie who might be wailing and erratcially kicking their legs, velcro's faster, and makes for a more adjustable fit.

ok feed done, I'll change a nappy and cme back for part 2 on fit...:P

Nelle's Post II: This Time It's Personal.

Okay, now that I've got my dramatic sequel heading out of the way, I just tried our Motherease Rikki Small on Silas, who's probably over 9lb now, and it fits him with room to grow - it's a bit loose, but I put it over a sposie, so cloth would make for a good fit. I used the Rikki Smalls with River (who was born 9lb4oz) and I recall he was in them for quite awhile.
    So I definitely wouldn't size up to a Medium. I have a feeling that the sizes you've read are wrong - I think I've seen them on a site before and wondered if they were right. I don't think a newborn would fit into smalls straight away (I think it took even Riv a week to fit the smalls).

Yeah a terry flat will add more bulk, but I still think a medium would be too big. Argh, crying baby, hope that helped, ask more if you need.

hi Nelle
    thanks for the info, very helpful. Might get some Rikkis at first. Do you knows if they're as breathable as the Airflows? I've got some home made MCNs which are about as chunky as the BB bamboos which I want them to go over, so I think small should be fine. Don't know how big she'll come out yet though!

Pam

Being PUL, they're pretty breathable. Definitely moreso than the old PVC covers that we wore as kids. The Airflows have the gaps at the sides, but you don't really want gaps with that runny breastfed poo...

I have got a few eenee newborn snibs for using over the terry flats and hemp prefolds that I have for early days. I think it was Janie who recommended them as a good newborn starter... They say 2-4 kgs...

I then have some rikkis and some bbh covers both in small... and tots bots fleece for nightime...

Okay, well I got sick of sposies leaking again, so I put Silas in a Tots Bots Bamboozle size 1, and the Small ME Rikki fit fine over that - tiny bit of gape in the legs, but that could well be due to the fact that Si was squawking and doing that leg kick thing by the time I got to the cover...