Thread: PUL covers - are they burning into DD's skin?

Default PUL covers - are they burning into DD's skin?

Since using the BB PUL covers, dd has developed to reddened mark on her anterior thighs at the same height as the cover edging...

i think it must be rubbing against her poor inners/front thighs on both side as they are almost to a scab point.. this is after 1-2 days...

would you say the cover is too small and cutting in or too big ansd wrapping too far and rubbing??

unfortunatly FOE (fold over elastic) thats on the pul covers is known to cause this!! the reason i dont use pul covers anymore!! invest in wool shorties/longies!!

I have never had that happen

it is only about 2cm on both legs.. not all the way around...

I had this happen with Caleb for a while when he was at his chubbiest. The covers don't need to be on tight to be effective so just make sure they are on loose enough so they don't chafe. Once he leaned up a bit it wasn't such an issue anymore.
    HTH!

That was also my reason for using fleece and wool covers

thanks Raven.. i am just waiting for my wools so PUL is what i have at the moment
    BUt i think it was the problem too!
    I have upgraded to the mediums on her instead of small so will see if it stops the rub on the thigh

I had this issue to a small extent with BBH PUL covers, but never with Motherease PUL. Another reason I'm a Motherease snob LOL. I ditched all my BBH PUL, they just didn't cut it for me.

But if you keep using them until your wool arrives then just make sure they're not too tight.

thanks janie.. i will try to make them less tight.. i guess i think they have to be tight to hold in.... but i think i have gotten that theory wrong!

unfortunately spent way too much $$$$$ to change brands now

Ahhhhh, there's always B4B

Yes dangerous for the poor self-control obsessive buyer lol